Restoring NANDroid recovery, something is wrong

Salty
Go to solution Solved by asapansh,

okay well I zipped it and the same thing as before happened

Uh oh OK let me get you another rom to flash for now

So pretty much I was an idiot and I didn't back up my phone when I flashed a new ROM to it.

While the new ROM worked fine, it was barely functional and I couldn't take calls or take pictures because it was an experimental version of CyanogenMod tailored to my shitty ass phone.

So I had to find the recovery files for my Telstra HTC Desire 510 that someone had uploaded to a forum (HTC only provides stock ROMs for the US version of the phone, IDK why), which I did, but I don't think it's in the right format because when I tried formatting it with both TWRP recovery and ClockworkMod recovery it would fail the flashing process a second in.

Q001kal.jpg?1

This is what the raw NANDroid recovery folder looks like on my PC. Does it look corrupted, possibly? Or not in the right format?

Keep in mind when I do a NANDroid backup of the barely functional CyanogenMod ROM from my own phone, it flashes perfectly when I try to restore it.

Any help would be appreciated.

So pretty much I was an idiot and I didn't back up my phone when I flashed a new ROM to it.

While the new ROM worked fine, it was barely functional and I couldn't take calls or take pictures because it was an experimental version of CyanogenMod tailored to my shitty ass phone.

So I had to find the recovery files for my Telstra HTC Desire 510 that someone had uploaded to a forum (HTC only provides stock ROMs for the US version of the phone, IDK why), which I did, but I don't think it's in the right format because when I tried formatting it with both TWRP recovery and ClockworkMod recovery it would fail the flashing process a second in.

Q001kal.jpg?1

This is what the raw NANDroid recovery folder looks like on my PC. Does it look corrupted, possibly? Or not in the right format?

Keep in mind when I do a NANDroid backup of the barely functional CyanogenMod ROM from my own phone, it flashes perfectly when I try to restore it.

Buddy nandroid packages are zips. try this out

first make this all into a zip

go into twrp and try to use it as a backup

if not use HTC's flash back software(hint: I will give you a link to it in a sec)

Q001kal.jpg?1

CM 11,12,12.1, or 13

CM 11,12,12.1, or 13

CM 12.1 but it was an experimental version that someone on the XDA forums compiled

CM 12.1 but it was an experimental version that someone on the XDA forums compiled

Unless you are a dev be very very careful with experimental because as a dev myself sometimes (a lot of dev have to do this in order to host a large amount of devices) the ROM or Kernel might hard brick the device so wait for around 5 people to use it if you care at all about your device if you decide to flash it on a daily driver :)

Unless you are a dev be very very careful with experimental because as a dev myself sometimes (a lot of dev have to do this in order to host a large amount of devices) the ROM or Kernel might hard brick the device so wait for around 5 people to use it if you care at all about your device if you decide to flash it on a daily driver :)

Ah okay, I don't believe I bricked it though, I just don't have an OS running on it at the moment.

Ah okay, I don't believe I bricked it though, I just don't have an OS running on it at the moment.

Ok good to hear hope all goes well on your end

Ok good to hear hope all goes well on your end

• 1 month later...

I ended up solving the issue, the NANDroid recovery was intact and non-corrupted, I just had to place the recovery within one folder then put that folder within another folder so I could ADB push the recovery over to my phone without it putting a random mess of recovery files into my CWM recoveries folder.

I recovered it using Philz Touch Recovery as that was the recovery image that supported the format in the recovery files I downloaded. All solved.

Thanks.