DVD Ripping

ThatGuy
Go to solution Solved by grayperview,

I use handbrake on a pretty regular basis actually. It has the ability to rip DVDs, but it doesn't like any store bought DVDs, which is what I have. I was looking more for the type of software they use to do rips for torrents and things like that, except my use case is the files will never go anywhere besides my media library, so no illegal sharing. I just want to declutter the house

use dvd decrypter to iso the DVD first, and then rip it with handbreak.

Does anyone know a good quality program to rip video from DVDs? I have a collection of DVDs that I've gotten over the years and I want to put them on my computer for convenience purposes. I'm a Creative Content prosumer, so I'm not estranged to any kind of digital video software, I have just never found a DVD ripping software that I think is even marginally usable. Thanks in advance guys

VLC supports DVD ripping. There are others, but none come to mind.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I have used handbrake its good but I have not done much ripping.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I have used handbrake a lot and am fairly pleased with it. I haven't done any ripping, but i would be very surprised if it wasn't supported. That said, I would look for anything that can leverage GPUs 

I use handbrake on a pretty regular basis actually. It has the ability to rip DVDs, but it doesn't like any store bought DVDs, which is what I have. I was looking more for the type of software they use to do rips for torrents and things like that, except my use case is the files will never go anywhere besides my media library, so no illegal sharing. I just want to declutter the house

Handbreak is superb, 

It is very flexible and powerful.....you'll need to fiddle with it to find quality setting that suite you though.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

use dvd decrypter to iso the DVD first, and then rip it with handbreak.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

You sir are amazing. That worked flawlessly. It made me love handbrake even more