Very Loud PC

Voitokas
Go to solution Solved by Voitokas,

Where did you plug the fans in? directly into the PSU or on the Mobo. Most Mobos can handle fan speeds even if they are not PWM. Just look into your UEFI and look for fan profiles such as full speed, normal and silent (that's the case on my mobo, i can adjust for every fan header another profile) I don't have any experience with nzxt psus or aios so case fans is my first guess. you could also try to unplug all case fans (only for a quick test run) and see if it is more quiet

If you want to figure out what is making all the noise follow this video by quiet PC:

Yeah, so I have very loud PC, and I'm not 100% sure what is making all the noise. It could be my PSU or my CPU Cooler but I really have no idea. So to the point, what should I do to get my PC to be quieter? Because I don't have any idea. All help is greatly appreciated.

My PC's specs that may need upgrading:

CPU Cooler: - Antec KÜHLER H2O 950
PSU: - NZXT HALE82 750W Semi-Modular 
Case: - NZXT Phantom 410 (With pre-installed fans)

Ask me if you need more info. Thanks!

BTW I am fairly certain it's not my GPU since it's fans are 0% when not gaming. And the fan noises are fairly loud even when on desktop.

Do you have any PWM fans to replace your stock ones?  I am wondering if the fans you have in your case are all running at 100%, because that could very well be the reason it's so loud.

Do you have any PWM fans to replace your stock ones?  I am wondering if the fans you have in your case are all running at 100%, because that could very well be the reason it's so loud.

I have no PWM fans installed at all. It could be it but I can't identify where the noise is coming from, sounds stupid but I have tried. Thanks for help, I might get high quality Noctua fans soon to replace those stock fans.

Really appreciating the help, thanks!

Yes, if your CPU cooler has PWM fans, you can probably set a temperature curve to control them based off of your CPU temps, so that way it won't be running full blast from the get go.

Where did you plug the fans in? directly into the PSU or on the Mobo. Most Mobos can handle fan speeds even if they are not PWM. Just look into your UEFI and look for fan profiles such as full speed, normal and silent (that's the case on my mobo, i can adjust for every fan header another profile) I don't have any experience with nzxt psus or aios so case fans is my first guess. you could also try to unplug all case fans (only for a quick test run) and see if it is more quiet

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Thanks guys for the help! I'll try to check the tips you guys gave me.

OK, so it's not my case fans or my GPU. I'll try to check if it's my CPU Cooler or PSU.

OK, so it's not my case fans or my GPU. I'll try to check if it's my CPU Cooler or PSU.

how did it turn out?

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

how did it turn out?

So, I did some testing, and it was not only my CPU cooler but also my HDD vibrations and PSU somewhat. My CPU cooler's second fan had stopped working, virtually taking off 50% of the cooling performance. I got that fixed by plugging the fan to SYS_FAN spot and not using Y-model connector to put the 2 cooler fans on the CPU_FAN slot on my motherboard. It was also very dusty, I unscrewed the whole radiator and cleaned it, now I get much better temps and keeping my fans lower rpm.

My HDD and PSU make more sound than the CPU cooler, surprising. I gotta do some something to eliminate the vibrations from the HDD so that will most likely help. My PSU does make a lot of noise, but luckily I was planning to get higher quality PSU regardless. 

If you want to figure out what is making all the noise follow this video by quiet PC: