DP stops working when DVI connects

DaNova

I just have a weird issue popping up.

Got a dual monitor setup.

iiama E2409HDS connected on DVI

LG 29um67-p connected on Displayport as main display.

Both connected to my GTX 970 SLi setup and has been working great so far.

Today I wanted to play AC-Syndicate for the first time and a weird issue popped up.

The game seemed to have issues with the 2560x1080 resolution of the LG.

The image stretched so I closed the game, but even on the desktop the image kept being stretched. (image stretched horizontaly with black bars top/bottom)

So I went to the windows 10 display settings to try to get my resolution fixed. Windows showed me I still was running 2560x1080 even while the image was stretched, so I changed the resolution to some lower setting and then set it back to 2560x1080.

This disconnected my screen :blink:

Now I have the weirdest thing.

When I start te PC I only get my iiama screen on the DVI working, the Displayport is not detected.

The NVIDIA config screen shows both screens at SLi settings but the screen on Displayport is greyed out. At resolution settings only the DVI screen is showing.

When I disconnect the DVI cable the system switches to Displayport and the image on the screen is just fine.

As soon as I reconnect the DVI cable it switches back and the Displayport disconnects again.

I tried the following:

Start system with DP only(works fine), turned it of and restarted with both DP and DVI connected.

Tried using the 2nd DVI port on the card.

Removed drivers with DDU and did a fresh driver install.

Also tried doing a system restore but stupid old me forgot to turn restore points on :huh:

Problem is still the same.

The only way to get both screens working is either using a HDMI or DVI cable on the LG instead of Displayport.

Problem is that I only have some DVI-single link cables that can't handle 2560x1080 and on HDMI the screen caps @60hz.

DP allows me to use the screen @75hz.

Anyone has any clue of what is going on here?