Monitors get no signal from dedicated graphics card

On my custom computer (built in late August) running Windows 10, when I got home a few days ago (I had to wait until the weekend to try to work on it), the two monitors were receiving no input from the computer. The mouse was powered, and the lights on the front of the case were lit. The monitors are connected to a GTX 980 Ti for my GPU. The lights on the GPU are lit and the fans are running when the computer has power. This issue has continued after rebooting the computer. 

When I connected the monitors to the integrated graphics ports on the motherboard, it works perfectly fine, excluding the lack of a dedicated GPU. When I check Windows' Device Manager, it says that the graphics card is "not connected to the computer (Code 45)." I have not yet tried disconnecting the GPU from the system, as the last time I tried it, when I was building the computer, I accidentally tore the slot out of the motherboard and had to buy a new motherboard, so I'd like to try to avoid that if possible.

I cannot try the GPU with another computer, since all the other computers in the household are Macs.

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary (so only one PCIe slot)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
RAM: 1 x Crucial 8GB 240-Pin DDR3
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P1.40
One of the monitors is connected by HDMI, another is connected by VGA.

What could be causing this, and how can I fix it? 

hmm what drivers are you currently using?

I'm using the basic NVIDIA drivers for my card, version 10.18.13.5382, which has a driver date of 8/7/2015

The "Events" log for the graphics card in Device Manager doesn't list anything since September.

1. Try only running one moniter off the gpu.

2. Check if maybe one of the power cables is a bit loose or even disconnected.

3. Check if the GPU has come loose in the slot (rarely happens)

Did you overclock the GPU? (if your's has one, set it to default or video bios 1 or 2 - might be a little switch on card itself or a button)

Check your power supply (apart from the fact that 520W is way below the safe minimum for a 980 Ti)

1. Try only running one moniter off the gpu.

2. Check if maybe one of the power cables is a bit loose or even disconnected.

3. Check if the GPU has come loose in the slot (rarely happens)

Did you overclock the GPU? (if your's has one, set it to default or video bios 1 or 2 - might be a little switch on card itself or a button)

Check your power supply (apart from the fact that 520W is way below the safe minimum for a 980 Ti)

1. I tried both of my monitors individually and nothing helped.

2. I checked the power cables and they aren't. In addition, could this be a possible issue if the graphics card is apparently powered?

3. It's not loose at all.

The GPU is not overclocked.

Nothing appears to be wrong with the power supply.

Nvidia recommends a minimum of 600W for the 980 Ti (look at the bottom of the page): http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980-ti/specifications

Why is this only becoming an issue now, then? (not trying to be accusatory, sorry if this comes off as such) Also, the newegg page for the graphics card says 

Power consumption: 250W

Recommended Power Supply: 400W

The slide lock mechanism can get hard to access once you got a beefy gpu installed, but i think its good if you could try to use a spare gpu to test.

Try removing the gpu from device manager and update, see if the hardware itself could be detected. If no go for device manager, you need to be open to the idea that your gpu might ve dead.

The slide lock mechanism can get hard to access once you got a beefy gpu installed, but i think its good if you could try to use a spare gpu to test.

Try removing the gpu from device manager and update, see if the hardware itself could be detected. If no go for device manager, you need to be open to the idea that your gpu might ve dead.

Unfortunately I don't have any spare GPUs, as this was my first Windows computer after solely using Macs.

I did the remove and scan and the hardware could not be detected.

Unfortunately I don't have any spare GPUs, as this was my first Windows computer after solely using Macs.

I did the remove and scan and the hardware could not be detected.

welp thats a kickass card you got there. try to find a buddy who will be happy to test it out for a few days or so. if it works on his rig, consider getting another PSU if you want to reuse the 980ti. if it also fails to be detected on your buddy's pc, then i do hope you got warranty.