Help With Random Internet Disconnects

I have tried messing around with settings inside the router, using different Ethernet ports, changing IPs, and just about everything else that google brings up. I'd like to think that it's not the ISP as I have asked my friends who use the same provider and they say they have no issues. So there is something wrong in my setup.

I will explain the setup as best I can.

My router is a D-LINK DIR-850L. Router software version 1.10WW. It goes through a hundred foot ethernet cable to my pc. I use no VPNs, or anything else that filters my internet. There are no switches, or anything else along the line.

Here is the problem.

Seemingly randomly, I will loose connection for no more than 10 seconds. This is a huge problem because I play only MMO games, and am impeded greatly when I get shunted from my game.

Please help.

Do you have a static or dynamic ip?

If it's a dynamic one, it might change every couple of hours (every 8h in my case).

Check your routers logs for disconnects.

What shielding do you use on your ethernet cable (Cat3, Cat5, Cat5, Cat6. Cat6, Cat7)?

In theory a Cat5 should do up 300 ft but you may loose some speed in the process.

But if the connection is otherwise stable and the ping is ok as well I would really look at the dynamic ip issue or a defective modem / router (before RMA'ing it I would reset it to factory defaults - usually a small button you have to hold for a couple of seconds or a pinhole).

Just read a thread on a different forum that had to do with previous model from D-Link and it turned out to be a defective unit. So you might have to replace it.