Best G sync monitor

UnbounDxKilleR

Hi Guys,

what is the best g sync monitor, was going to get the XL2420g but it is discontinued and hard to find in the UK at a decent price?

Thanks 

Hi Guys,

what is the best g sync monitor, was going to get the XL2420g but it is discontinued and hard to find in the UK at a decent price?

Thanks 

Best?  Acer XB271HU.  Since you mentioned the XL2420G which is a 1080p screen, you might want to look at the Acer XB240HU.  Just check the box and see if there's a G-Sync logo on it, cos the older version of the same model doesn't have G-Sync.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

IMO after trying everything under the sun I ended up getting the Dell Gaming S2716DG. Yes it's TN but it's the best damn TN I have ever seen. Spec wise it's just a beast. You didnt mention resolution so I am sticking with my pick. 

Best?  Acer XB271HU.  Since you mentioned the XL2420G which is a 1080p screen, you might want to look at the Acer XB240HU.  Just check the box and see if there's a G-Sync logo on it, cos the older version of the same model doesn't have G-Sync.

Yeah I will take a look at them thank you, I was also taking a look at PG278Q but have heard that there are often issues with it, as that is what put me off at first but I am taking a good look into 1440p now :)

Yeah I will take a look at them thank you, I was also taking a look at PG278Q but have heard that there are often issues with it, as that is what put me off at first but I am taking a good look into 1440p now :)

The PG278Q and PG279Q have had/still having quite a bit of problems.  The Acer XB271HU uses the same panel as the PG279Q but is using a newer batch with much less problems.  Not many PG279Q are using the October batch of panels yet, and most are September ones still (the ones with the issues).

IMO after trying everything under the sun I ended up getting the Dell Gaming S2716DG. Yes it's TN but it's the best damn TN I have ever seen. Spec wise it's just a beast. You didnt mention resolution so I am sticking with my pick. 

Wow 1440p and g sync looking like a good contender. £500 in Uk also which is great, thanks 

The PG278Q and PG279Q have had/still having quite a bit of problems.  The Acer XB271HU uses the same panel as the PG279Q but is using a newer batch with much less problems.  Not many PG279Q are using the October batch of panels yet, and most are September ones still (the ones with the issues).

Yeah it looks really good, struggling to find a UK seller for the XB271HU, hopefully I can find one 

Yeah it looks really good, struggling to find a UK seller for the XB271HU, hopefully I can find one 

Even Amazon doesn't have them in stock, but apparently a random store in Malaysia (where I'm from) can get stock in a day, anytime... Just saving up for it right now :P

Even Amazon doesn't have them in stock, but apparently a random store in Malaysia (where I'm from) can get stock in a day, anytime... Just saving up for it right now :P

Does look like an insane monitor, looks nicer than the rog swift to be honest  ;)

Does look like an insane monitor, looks nicer than the rog swift to be honest  ;)

And before anyone says anything about Acer being cheapo stuff, most LCD panels are made by AU Optronics, which is owned by Acer. :P  Besides Samsung and LG, AU Optronics is the largest LCD tech and manufacturer in the world.  Samsung has their PLS, LG has IPS, and Acer has AHVA.