hi guys, i am new to the forms.

i have a question for the people out there more tech savy than i. i am in the process of updating my old rig, which is still my only rig actually.

its a dell dimension e520, i only have 4gb off ddr2 ram, but will be putting 8gb of ddr2 into it, being that ddr2 is the fastest this mobo will support.

i have also tossed out the old core 2 duo, in favor of a q6600 core 2 quad. so as of right now it is running good. but not quite game ready yet.

my question is in regards to graphics card, i have a 400 watt powersupply, and i am wanting to know if it would be wise to run a gtx 750 ti with 2gb of vram, i have seen ones that say 350 watts, and 400 watt for the card. but if i end up getting one would my power supply be enough, or should i invest in a bigger power supply to be safe? also should i even consider a slightly better graphics card? or would my old cpu and only 8gb of ram be too much of a bottle neck, btw please don't answer with, "just spend the money on a new rig"

because, i bought the pc for 40$ and by the time i get the ram and video card, i will only be 250$ into the rig total.

nope pair it with a 750ti or even probs a gtx 950 or amd equivalent would work great.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

nope pair it with a 750ti or even probs a gtx 950 or amd equivalent would work great.

yeah, good cards, but my question is, would my 400 watt power supply be adequate?

yeah, good cards, but my question is, would my 400 watt power supply be adequate?

What brand is it?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

What brand is it?

it is a coolmax? all it says on it, and it is 400 watts

The GTX 950 is a 400w minimum card but with the q6600 I would say your better going with a 750ti. Also those BTX style dells only support single slot cards so you would need to get a single slot 750ti

it is a coolmax? all it says on it, and it is 400 watts

Yea that's a "sketchy" brand, I would recommend a new PSU first before anything else

ok, thank you so much for the links and the help, and i will definitely be getting that power supply. thank you again guys, i appreciate the help.

ok, thank you so much for the links and the help, and i will definitely be getting that power supply. thank you again guys, i appreciate the help.

Np, those are great power supply's and you can't beat the price :) Same with that GPU :P