CANNOT INSTALL DRIVERS WIN 7

Dopedlamb38
Go to solution Solved by Matt420740,

A lot of times systems that shipped with Windows 8 from the factory, only have Windows 8 or newer drivers avaliable from the manufacturer, not Windows 7 drivers.   I ran into this same issue before when trying to downgrade an HP for someone.  

Hi everyone, yesterday i've clean installed win 7 64bit ultimate from win 8.1 on my HP 15-g219-nl. I have downloaded the drivers right from HP website but they seem not to work...I'm very disappointed. I can't get USB ports or wifi work. When I try to install drivers at first they seem to work but then suddenly crash and only then appears the window that asks me if the program is installed correctly...I have tried to run them in compatibility modes and searching for drivers directly through device manager but nothing works D: don't know what to do! Thank you

What's your motherboard brand and model?

Did you update and install drivers in the right order?

1- BIOS

2- Chipset

3 - LAN, Audio, GPU, USB, etc

theres a order like the guy above said, some might reset if you dont do in the right order

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I don't know the model of my motherboard, I haven't the opportunity to take it apart right now. I've installed the BIOS update but installing the chipset already gives me problems, because after install USB's should work but they don't...

I don't know the model of my motherboard, I haven't the opportunity to take it apart right now. I've installed the BIOS update but installing the chipset already gives me problems, because after install USB's should work but they don't...

Are you sure you have downloaded the correct drivers?

Do a warranty search on the hp website and put the serial number of the laptop in. This will give you the correct product number for that laptop, you can find the downloads from there.

A lot of times systems that shipped with Windows 8 from the factory, only have Windows 8 or newer drivers avaliable from the manufacturer, not Windows 7 drivers.   I ran into this same issue before when trying to downgrade an HP for someone.  

Are you sure you have downloaded the correct drivers?

Do a warranty search on the hp website and put the serial number of the laptop in. This will give you the correct product number for that laptop, you can find the downloads from there.

Yes, I've downloaded the right ones from HP website using the model number.

A lot of times systems that shipped with Windows 8 from the factory, only have Windows 8 or newer drivers avaliable from the manufacturer, not Windows 7 drivers. I ran into this same issue before when trying to downgrade an HP for someone.

That is what I thought but what actually i didn't want to think about...in this case I'm pretty screwed! :S i wanted to put 7 just to dual boot with Ubuntu and now I'm without Windows! -.- unfortunately i didn't make a backup copy. thanks for your help.