PC Won't boot with the GPU in

RADEON_GUY

So i've changed my motherboard, plugged everything in and booted the pc without the gpu, only the integrated graphics. It worked. Now, everytime I put the gpu in, i get the either the AE error message or 92

first of all specs please, full list.

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

So i've changed my motherboard, plugged everything in and booted the pc without the gpu, only the integrated graphics. It worked. Now, everytime I put the gpu in, i get the either the AE error message or 92

Aha - new post!  

Hmm - see if the BIOS has an option to disable the onboard graphics or set it to PCIe to activate the GPU card 1st.  Some mobos have a problem with integrated graphics and GPU cards coexisting.

- Pete

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Aha - new post!

Hmm - see if the BIOS has an option to disable the onboard graphics or set it to PCIe to activate the GPU card 1st. Some mobos have a problem with integrated graphics and GPU cards coexisting.

- Pete

Yep new post xD. I'm desperate. Anyways, I've confirmed that the gpu ain't the problem by plugging in a r9 270 and getting the marvelous AE code. I'll try disabling the igpu as soon as I find the option

first of all specs please, full list.

GTX 970 GPU

I5 4460

16 gb ram

MSI Z97 GD65 MOBO

700w psu, 80+ bronze.

1tb hdd, already has windows on it

Yep new post xD. I'm desperate. Anyways, I've confirmed that the gpu ain't the problem by plugging in a r9 270 and getting the marvelous AE code. I'll try disabling the igpu as soon as I find the option

OK, I'll follow the topic so I can keep track of your progress. ;)

OK, I'll follow the topic so I can keep track of your progress. ;)

Can't disable the igpu. Tried putting the gpu in different slots. Didn't work. Is it possible that I have a RMA mobo?

Can't disable the igpu. Tried putting the gpu in different slots. Didn't work. Is it possible that I have a RMA mobo?

OK, DL'd the manual, per page 3-9 of my pdf copy (I've edited the entry to make it more readable), I see:

Advanced (In the system settings menu)

Integrated Peripherals: Sets integrated peripherals' parameters, such as LAN, HDD, USB and audio. Press <Enter> to enter the sub-menu.

• Integrated Graphics Configuration - Adjusts integrated graphics settings for optimum system. Press <Enter> to enter the sub-menu.
    • Initiate Graphic Adapter [PEG] - Selects a graphics device as the primary boot device.
      • [iGD] Integrated Graphics Display.
      • [PEG] PCI-Express Graphics Device.

It looks like you need to set your BIOS to the "PEG" setting.  Try that and see if that allows your GPU card to work.

- Pete

OK, DL'd the manual, per page 3-9 of my pdf copy (I've edited the entry to make it more readable), I see:

Advanced (In the system settings menu)

Integrated Peripherals: Sets integrated peripherals' parameters, such as LAN, HDD, USB and audio. Press <Enter> to enter the sub-menu.

• Integrated Graphics Configuration - Adjusts integrated graphics settings for optimum system. Press <Enter> to enter the sub-menu.
  • Initiate Graphic Adapter [PEG] - Selects a graphics device as the primary boot device.

It looks like you need to set your BIOS to the "PEG" setting. Try that and see if that allows your GPU card to work.

- Pete

Still getting the AE

Advanced (In the system settings menu)

• Integrated Graphics Configuration - Adjusts integrated graphics settings for optimum system. Press <Enter> to enter the sub-menu.

It looks like you need to set your BIOS to the "PEG" setting. Try that and see if that allows your GPU card to work.

- Pete

I get the D6 code first, and then the AE code

I get the D6 code first, and then the AE code

Damn, that would be a lot more useful if MSI would post their damn error code list.

Only thing I can think of at this point short of a full boot troubleshooting run, is the slot the card is installed in (and don't forget to plug in the 2 PCIe power plugs - a 6 pin and an 8 pin).  Per the mobo pdf again (page 1-19):

"For a single video card installation, using the PCI_E2 slot is recommended."

If that doesn't work, see if you can get the GPU card to work in another PC.

- Pete

Damn, that would be a lot more useful if MSI would post their damn error code list.

Only thing I can think of at this point short of a full boot troubleshooting run, is the slot the card is installed in (and don't forget to plug in the 2 PCIe power plugs - a 6 pin and an 8 pin). Per the mobo pdf again (page 1-19):

"For a single video card installation, using the PCI_E2 slot is recommended."

If that doesn't work, see if you can get the GPU card to work in another PC.

- Pete

Ha ha...now..now..it's bluescreening. I wanna kill myself.

Ha ha...now..now..it's bluescreening. I wanna kill myself.

Ouch - pull the card and try it in another computer.  Try another card in your new mobo.  One of those appear to be the culprit ><. :ph34r:

- Pete

Although, I've seen a flaky PSU cause weird problems when it couldn't handle the increased load from installing a GPU, even though it was well within it's stated power range.  Just to rule out the mobo or other components, you might do a 24 hour burnin using the integrated graphics.  That will rule out CPU, memory, boot device, and most of the mobo (but not necessarily the PCIe slot/firmware).

If it passes, that would then leave PSU, mobo pcie portion, or GPU as the likely cuprit.

- Pete

I'm gonna get some sleep, but I'm following this topic and will catch up with you later today...

Good luck!

- Pete

I'm gonna get some sleep, but I'm following this topic and will catch up with you later today...

Good luck!

- Pete

Fixed the bluescreen. My mouse and keyboard aren't working though. They work in the BIOS. Might try to start in safe mode. Thanks anyways!

Good luck!

- Pete

UPDATE

So now my pc boots with my gpu in it, but gets stuck at the starting windows part and if i try to plug in the hdmi to my gpu, it won't work. Yeah...this sucks...