Chrome freezes my PC completely.

HeftyNugget
Go to solution Solved by HeftyNugget,

I found the issue.

Loose SATA cable.

I haven't had a single issue with Google Chrome for ages.. but now whenever I open it manually or it starts with the system - my PC goes completely stuck and freezes.

I've tried reinstalling Chrome but to no avail - I've done chkdsk since one of Chrome's folder was corrupt and it retrieved about 93 files from it.

Now whenever I install it and run it - PC freezes and I have to restart.

Any ideas?

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 
Laptop: ASUS Zenbook UX32LN

Camera: Nikon D5300

How much RAM you got?Also,Chrome has become even buggier the last couple of weeks,so dont worry.Its probably not only you who is experiencing problems.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

How much RAM you got?Also,Chrome has become even buggier the last couple of weeks,so dont worry.Its probably not only you who is experiencing problems.

16 Gigs.

I've opened around 57 tabs at once before Chrome froze and I think it's not trying to re-open these tabs whenever I try to start Chrome, even after reinstalling.

When I've had my AMD CPU it wouldn't freeze even under load of 2000 tabs, now I have i7 and it freezes under 50 tabs.. the irony.

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 

16 Gigs.

I've opened around 57 tabs at once before Chrome froze and I think it's not trying to re-open these tabs whenever I try to start Chrome, even after reinstalling.

When I've had my AMD CPU it wouldn't freeze even under load of 2000 tabs, now I have i7 and it freezes under 50 tabs.. the irony.

Uninstall chrome,use something like IOBit Uninstaller,when promptes to uninstall,check the box that says ''Delete all data'' or something like that.Do a powerfull scan and remove all remaining files.After that reinstall.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Uninstall chrome,use something like IOBit Uninstaller,when promptes to uninstall,check the box that says ''Delete all data'' or something like that.Do a powerfull scan and remove all remaining files.After that reinstall.

Weird thing is - I've installed AVG recently but now it's gone.

I've also set options for my Steam to show timestamps on chatlogs and URL for all pages - but now it doesn't, just like data was reversed or something.

Weird thing is - I've installed AVG recently but now it's gone.

I've also set options for my Steam to show timestamps on chatlogs and URL for all pages - but now it doesn't, just like data was reversed or something.

First off,run a virus scan for malware and or/viruses with Malwarebytes,and HitmanPro.Enable 'Scan for RootKits' on Malwarebytes.After thats done,runa  chdsk through cmd to verify HDD integrity.

I found the issue.

Loose SATA cable.