MSI GTX970 not turning on

knixps4

Im particularly new with pc building so forgive me for this but my new graphics card seems to be not working. I have a spare GT 730 which works perfectly fine (the one im using now).

I thought it was just a problem with the HDMI as I had a problem with my old card as well that the card doesnt read the TV i have so I had to switch to VGA (the TV has no DVI but has HDMI which makes me scratch my head). But it turns out the GTX970 isnt turning on, i dont see the fans working and no lights are switching; I have no idea what the problem might be, I keep switching with my old card and the GTX just to confirm my wiring and it sure is fine.

My specs as follwows:

Processor: AMD A10 7700k R7

Memory: 4096 MB

Board: Gigabyte F2A68HM-S1

thanks in advance...

Try putting it in then wiggling the wire into place. If not the card might be dead.... 

You could try another PCI-E slot, but I doubt it will work.

If this is a brand new card it could be DOA

Do you have both the 6-pin power connectors on the card plugged up?  What kind of PSU are you using?

Did you have the power connectors for the card plugged in? Powerful gpus require additional power in the form of a pci power connector. Also, make sure your psu has enough wattage to power the card.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5