Windows usb install

LewisManslow

Getting a new mobo, cpu and ssd foe xmas. Having to obviously reinstall windows so found the official iso and put it on a usb. I heard it asks for a product key, where do i find this? I have a genuine copy of windows 8.1.

A10 7850K (4.8GHZ) | Gtx 760 4GB | 16GB HyperX Fury White 2133mhz (OC) | A88XM-PLUS | Corsair CX 430 | Bit fenix Neos |

new mobo + cpu = new computer, therefore officially you need a new product key...

When in doubt, re-format.

What was the medium in which it was delivered? Physical or digital? (8.1)

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

The product key is usually inside the packaging where the CD is.

new mobo + cpu = new computer, therefore officially you need a new product key...

If he bought it it is transferable.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

You can try contacting Microsoft

Magical Pineapples

I bought my pc from a company. Idk what to do??! I dont have the disk...

A10 7850K (4.8GHZ) | Gtx 760 4GB | 16GB HyperX Fury White 2133mhz (OC) | A88XM-PLUS | Corsair CX 430 | Bit fenix Neos |

if it is an OEM key ( You bought the computer with Windows pre-installed) You need to call microsoft to unlock the key. If you activated it yourself you should have the key somewhere or there is a script you can run (just google finding my windows key) to see it.

use a keyfinder program such as https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Desktop: 16gb Ram, i7-2600k, GTX 560 OC.    Laptop: i7, 8gb DDR3, 840m GPU

Server 1 (Files and AD): i3 3220, 4gb DDR3, 1TB Western Digital Blue, Overkill motherboard I got for free (better than main computer) changed to xeon, don't remember exactly what but xeon version of the processor  and 8gb ECC Ram   Server 2 (games): 8gb Ram, i5, Geforce 710m

Like what kind of company? If it is an OEM company like Dell, Acer, and the like, you can't transfer it. If you want, contact Microsoft, and say you had to change hard drives. They should provide you with a key.

If it was a boutique shop, I would try contacting them as they should have records of your purchase and the key used.