Brother's PC not turning on

Hello , This is my first post ever and I'm not a native english speaker so I'll do my best to explain myself.

Yesterday I tryed to clean my brother's pc. Cleaning dust ect. So I turned it off and cleaned the dust (without disconecting anything on the inside). When I plugged it back again It did not turned on, I disconected the 24pin from the motherboard an cleaned it, while conecting it again all the lights on the pc and the cpu fan lighed up for a second. It's not turning on it seems like its dirty or something but I'm not sure. If I have the 24pin midway and in some specific spot the fans and everything start blinking, like having electricity one sec and not the next one.  

I hope someone could help me with this since is my brothers pc (I gift from me to him ) and I was just trying to be nice.

I think it migth be corrosion on one of the conectors since it looks a little yellow from the outside. If that is the case how do I clean the pins? 

I Already confirmed that the power supply works , with the clip method. 

Thanks Hope my English is not that bad. 

Did you bump the PSU switch? Could be an issue

Do  ANY fans spin at all when booting up? See if you remove the ram, try and boot up. With no RAM in the dimm slots the mobo should make a beeping noise.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Check to see you didn't disconnect the power button connector, its about the size of a macaroni noodle and is really easy to disconnect just by touching the wire as it has no lock in mechanism

Professional Girl

Check to see if there's additional power (aside from the 24 pin) connecting to the Motherboard. Sometimes a MOBO will take another 4pin connector. 

Is your PSU on the right voltage? there's a little red switch on them sometimes. It doesn't even really look a switch too. 

Check to see if there's additional power (aside from the 24 pin) connecting to the Motherboard. Sometimes a MOBO will take another 4pin connector. 

Is your PSU on the right voltage? there's a little red switch on them sometimes. It doesn't even really look a switch too. 

Yes there is the cpu 4 pin connector but it's connected. The voltage can't be switched. Thanks anyways

Check to see you didn't disconnect the power button connector, its about the size of a macaroni noodle and is really easy to disconnect just by touching the wire as it has no lock in mechanism

I had already checked I even tried disconecting and conecting it again but nothing.

Did you bump the PSU switch? Could be an issue

Do  ANY fans spin at all when booting up? See if you remove the ram, try and boot up. With no RAM in the dimm slots the mobo should make a beeping noise.

The PSU switch is on. The fans only spinn for a sec when I connect the 24 pin. The the pc doesnt respond at all. I tryed by disconecting the ram and nothing.

Now today, when I had the graphics card , and the ram disconected I was trying to clean the cpu 4 pin conector with Isophropyl alcohol the whole pc  randomly turned on then I conected the 4 Pin and again It turned on (Im Turning it off with the PSU switch since it did not respond to the Case Power switch). I was not able to see if it posted since when I (While off) Conected the GPU and the ram the pc did not turned back on. This Pc had problems with that connector before but I'm not sure if that might be the issue. 

When I mean it turns on I mean the fan and the cpu cooler wich are both conected to the Motherboard.

Yes there is the cpu 4 pin connector but it's connected. The voltage can't be switched. Thanks anyways

I had already checked I even tried disconecting and conecting it again but nothing.

The PSU switch is on. The fans only spinn for a sec when I connect the 24 pin. The the pc doesnt respond at all. I tryed by disconecting the ram and nothing.

Now today, when I had the graphics card , and the ram disconected I was trying to clean the cpu 4 pin conector with Isophropyl alcohol the whole pc  randomly turned on then I conected the 4 Pin and again It turned on (Im Turning it off with the PSU switch since it did not respond to the Case Power switch). I was not able to see if it posted since when I (While off) Conected the GPU and the ram the pc did not turned back on. This Pc had problems with that connector before but I'm not sure if that might be the issue. 

When I mean it turns on I mean the fan and the cpu cooler wich are both conected to the Motherboard.

Could be a dead PSU or dead Mobo. Assuming PSU since I had recently had the same problem where my PC would turn on for a split second and back off. What are the specs of the rig? It may possibly be the mobo also. If you bootup with EVERYTHING plugged in and NO ram, if it does not make a beeping noise it is probably a mobo though.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Could be a dead PSU or dead Mobo. Assuming PSU since I had recently had the same problem where my PC would turn on for a split second and back off. What are the specs of the rig? It may possibly be the mobo also. If you bootup with EVERYTHING plugged in and NO ram, if it does not make a beeping noise it is probably a mobo though.

The PSU seems to work since I'f I plug the clip it truns on no problem. And Ib the MOBO is dead why does it turns one sometimes and some other doesnt?

The PSU seems to work since I'f I plug the clip it truns on no problem. And Ib the MOBO is dead why does it turns one sometimes and some other doesnt?

IT turning on sometimes and sometimes not is what could be the indicator that it is dead. Resort to your Mobo manual and when you turn on your PC see if any of LEDs are lit up.