Radeon Crimson Problems

Darkr

Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems since I updated my Catalyst drivers to Crimson.

My fan speed was locked at 20% on my Catalyst ones, but afterburner fixed that up.

Now that I have Crimson, my fan seems to have a big spasm all the time.

utnNDx7.png

As you can see, it keeps on jumping from 51 to 53%. And also, when I fire up my games, the fan speed doesn't change. And I have no 'auto' setting in my Radeon Settings manager.

Afterburner custom fan profiles seem to make no difference, as radeon settings is overriding everythins, at least it seems like so.

Please help me. I don't want to reinstall windows again :(

Click the auto button in afterburner, you've got a custom fan curve working now... The grey auto above the 'Apply" button. And uncheck the rack icon.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Have you updated to the latest beta? It was released yesterday.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

ya... i have the same issue, pretty sure we just need to wait for an update from amd and controls the fans manually in afterburner

Click the auto button in afterburner, you've got a custom fan curve working now... The grey auto above the 'Apply" button. And uncheck the rack icon.

Damn I'm so retarded xD

Anyways, I'm still looking for Radeon Settings to do all the work, instead of afterburner. Any hotfix soontm?

Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems since I updated my Catalyst drivers to Crimson.

My fan speed was locked at 20% on my Catalyst ones, but afterburner fixed that up.

Now that I have Crimson, my fan seems to have a big spasm all the time.

utnNDx7.png

As you can see, it keeps on jumping from 51 to 53%. And also, when I fire up my games, the fan speed doesn't change. And I have no 'auto' setting in my Radeon Settings manager.

Afterburner custom fan profiles seem to make no difference, as radeon settings is overriding everythins, at least it seems like so.

Please help me. I don't want to reinstall windows again :(

Its not a widnows issue. Its a crimson issue. You'll have to wait until they fix it. Continue to have Afterburner open as it overrides AMD's control over fan control.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz