Should I Build A New Desk?

DaCoder

My desk is a flimsy desk, made from that fake wood: (which i hate) particle board.

It wobbles when i type. And my monitor's base is plastic. So it move all over the place.

Should i invest in making my own desk? I am a fairly experienced craftsman. Or just get a wall mounted monitor stand?

I have never done a wall mounting for a monitor. Also, my desk is in a corner, so i could build it in to the wall also.

Currently this is my setup:

post-36392-0-11192600-1377409719.jpg

Please leave your two cents below. Thanks!

Also, i could very easily record how i build it if you guys wanted me too.

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

If you had the knowledge and time to make your own more power to you but I don't think its worth it at the end of it it would be cheaper to buy a desk than to make a beautiful one.

I need a new desk as well and i'm going back and forth on making my own and i really like the below desk its from Ikea.

desk2.JPG

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I say build one into the corner of the wall, L-shaped ^_^ it'd be perfect and allow you to get 2 monitors for productivity.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I need a new desk as well and i'm going back and forth on making my own and i really like the below desk its from Ikea.

desk2.JPG

Desk image is from unauthorized referrer.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If you have the time and money, or patience, sure build a new one why not? :) Also those plastic Keyboard trays are the worst things ever, I hate them with a intensely strong passion. I outright refuse to use a Keyboard on one at all. :P 

The only issue with building is you never know the true weight limitations unless you hardcore reinforce it.

I say grab an ikea desk, snag a vesa mount and boom your done and you room looks sleek

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I would say go for a L shaped desk, i have one and they look great !

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwvLscXlGQk

Available in L-shaped. Also, it allows you to custom them how large the scale of your desk. Check them at IKEA website.

I saw Linus review that. But that is pretty expensive. And i dont need height adjust for a perm desk.

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

Building a desk is fun! Would recommend it if you're a handy kinda guy.

for extra awesome and unique, I dunno what kinda wood you can get where you're from, but a nice vanished Heartwood would come out the nicest

Lol. Show off. And i would build something like that. With wood and acrylic. Or just wood.

Haha I wish that was mine ='( My desk actually looks like your.

I would say make your own. It'll be really satisfying and you'll be able to tailor it to exactly how you like it.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Build your own desk bro, I built 2 custom desk for my room. One out of Rosewood & the other is Mahogany and Tyke Wood. My father owns his own business and deals with restoring fine furniture so I built my own. It's nice to tell people you built your own desk and a sense of pride.

If you have the time and skills to do it, do it. Remember, you might not be able to use your computer until you finish the desk! :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You could always make a ghetto corner desk like i did. Total cost was about £35 in total. To support it with no legs i screwed some wood to the walls and ran an L shaped steel beam across along the left side to support the longer run. Getting it level was quite easy too as i used my dads rotary laser level :D

Do mind the amateur Plastering and unfinished wall paint, apparently Plastering isn't my thing. 

DSC_04923_zps19b24b5f.jpg