A hacker was able to obtain photos of children from Vtech servers

Philcat101

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hacker-obtained-childrens-headshots-and-chatlogs-from-toymaker-vtech

I don't know why Vtech even stores private data like this, with names, email addresses, names, and gender (just to name a few prices of private information) all bound to the pictures.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Time to call anonymous? lol

edit: Seriously though, think I should tell them about this, or you think they are already dealing with it?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

think I should tell them about this

kek'd a little.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

kek'd a little.

Well I was serious...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Time to call anonymous? lol

edit: Seriously though, think I should tell them about this, or you think they are already dealing with it?

Well I was serious...

Is Anonymous now the internet police or something?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Is Anonymous now the internet police or something?

Well, I think they would probably at least try to do something about it if they knew that a large corporation was storing information and pictures of small children in a space easily accessible to hackers. They arn't necessarily the "internet police" but this does seem like something they would care about. Besides, who else is going to hold Vtech accountable? The government? I wouldn't hold your breath there.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Ok guys, I touched base with Anonymous. Apparently were late to the party, they got it covered.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I like how "Anonymous" was about being anonymous but they ended up being an actual group that one like you can find and "let them know"... It's either that, or whoever wants to, just puts the "Anonymous" label on. Hey, I can be Anonymous too. Real hackers don't post youtube vids nor "police" the internet.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

I feel as though the current 'anonymous' group that organise things and get shit done are quite removed from the 4chan anonymous that I'm familiar with and think of first when I hear the name. The 4chan anonymous, in my mind's eye, is a collection of .. strange people, who probably don't give much of a damn about the wider world and certainly wouldn't go on a protest march or the likes. :/

is anybody really surprised?  its a toy manufacturer, they use children in their advertising, and on the boxes of their toys. what was pulled, was probably the database of "models" that were sent to them. its not really that big of a deal honestly.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.