New youtube app

sperkowsky

Now as most of you guys know the youtube app has been updated for ios and android making them virtually the same, Im not sure how I feel about the new update so I wanted to hear how you guys felt.

To start the new icon is very nice

but the biggest feature with the smaller video playback after you swipe out is what annoys me 

I constantly swipe the wrong way and bring up the side menu

Anyone else having issues like this

ps. I have android and iso devices these problems I have apply to both.

post-6547-0-16916900-1377399222.png

post-6547-0-38524500-1377399240.png

post-6547-0-93993800-1377399246.png

Charge your phone dude...

On topic, the youtube app is nice but still glitchy with android 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Yes, there is also a iPad version, i dont like it too much, it makes funny things, like going back to previous video f yuo accidentally swipe.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

When it first came out I was a little shocked, they changed it so much. But no I quite like it, it all comes together very fluidly especially with the multi-window features of the s4

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

is there android?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

One thing that I hate is the fact that when you tab the video on android, the notification bar doesn't appear. I use that to check time and to see if I have any messages. And you have to go in portrait mode to see the timeline bar for the video. wtf pisses me off so bad that I uninstalled the update.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

i personally don't like the mini window. It's a nice feature but it still stays there after finishing the video which is annoying. Everything else is nice.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I love it. I hate having to exit out of videos to search for a new one.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I love the new app I think it has great new features and function I also like the new ascetics 

also I forgot to add about not having the time bar on andoid when in landscape mode.

Oh. Yeah, that bit sucks. On the plus side you don't have to pause the video to check

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I actually hate all the new youtube apps. I still haven't updated my ipod past iOS 5 yet because I don't want to lose the old one :(

The layout is just so much better in my opinion.

I haven't used this new app to much but I was recently left without a desktop for 3 weeks and had to use my tablet and the old app was terrible always crashing and stuff wouldn't load.

I do like it better than the older app, but if you're using an iOS device, just try to get McTube. Sadly it's an iOS exclusive so I can't use it on my android phone..

I use McTube AKA YouTube.. McTube is personally my favorite, if you're on cellular or wifi, in the setting you can set 720p/1080p and it'lll never go lower than that unlike the stock youtube app which lower the quality on cellular and/or slow wifi...

BTW, go get iOS 7 beta 6, it gotten way better and much more stable...

I think the reason for the update to the looks is to help it feel like more of a native with the upcoming IOS7 release, that said I haven't used android since my tablet broke awhile back, So I don't know if it has the same feel on android

I prefer the new YT on my android phone to my iPad. I think it's the smaller screen that makes it feel a lot more natural on my HTC one.

I like the new app but I would prefer that you have to swipe in from the very edge like the rest of the updated Google apps as I too accidental keep swiping out the menu.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

The swiping from the side being too easy and the minimizing video even when it's done bugs me. There should be a button to exit out of the video when it's done. Other than that, I don't mind it.

I use McTube AKA YouTube.. McTube is personally my favorite, if you're on cellular or wifi, in the setting you can set 720p/1080p and it'lll never go lower than that unlike the stock youtube app which lower the quality on cellular and/or slow wifi...

:( I need to update my ipod to get MCTube :(

I don't like the fact that they refuse to put an inbox within the ios youtube app. And now they have taken it away from the mobile webpage version of Youtube. 

An other thing I find pretty annoying is when scrolling through credits, that bar at the bottom that lets you share and stuff, it pops up way too quickly. It ends up covering up the comment I'm reading. That and the room for comments is way too small but that may be just because I'm using an iPod Touch, not an iPad or something with i a bigger screen.