Weak CPU or bad settings?

Go to solution Solved by don_svetlio,

CPU bottleneck

Hello everyone!

I have a bit of performance issue with my computer.

Specs:

AMD A8 6500 CPU 3.5 ghz. base 4.1 ghz. turbo.

AMD R9 380 2 Gigs (gigabyte OC edition)

8 gigs of RAM

Windows 10

The problem is that I thing there is a weakspot in my system cause reviews say this GPU is perfect for 1080p gaming.. now for example in BF 4 i get 60 fps tops at medium on 1680x 1050 and it goes below often but still enjoyable.

This card is capable of Ultra or at least High settings but if I do it I only get 30 fps and it drops often below. And there is Witcher 2 which is a nightmare for me. This game eats up my pc then poops it out right away. I struggle to get a stable 30 PFS without noticable dropping..  Fallout 4 also performs below the expected but it's a new unoptimalized game so It's not a big deal.

So yeah, honestly I don't know what to do I just want to play at stable 60 frames and my suspect is my CPU. What do you guys think? Is it powerful enough to handle my R9 380?

CPU bottleneck

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Okay and what CPU do you recommend for me?

Im looking for an AMD one from the FX series with the best price/perofrmance ratio.

Im looking for an AMD one from the FX series with the best price/perofrmance ratio.

well,the 6350 is a nice one from the FX series,and can be overclock quite decently too!If you want something cheaper,try the 4350.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Budget? You also need a new motherboard.

Budget? You also need a new motherboard.

Yep I know.  I want a compact pc cause I'm moving abroad so I'm planning to transfer my pc into a Crosair Carbide 88R case whitch is mATX, so I'm looking for a mATX board with a AM3 socet. Right now I cant afford to change anythin so it's not actual. but at least now I know why my pc performs low and I now the solution.

Yep I know.  I want a compact pc cause I'm moving abroad so I'm planning to transfer my pc into a Crosair Carbide 88R case whitch is mATX, so I'm looking for a mATX board with a AM3 socet. Right now I cant afford to change anythin so it's not actual. but at least now I know why my pc performs low and I now the solution.

I would get an Intel i5 atleast, if not an i3 for gaming.

I would get an Intel i5 atleast, if not an i3 for gaming.

I'm with the AMD cause it's cheap and gets the work done. A FX bulldozer is enough for me.

I'm with the AMD cause it's cheap and gets the work done. A FX bulldozer is enough for me.

But an i3 would beat it while gaming. Go for the best, not for a single brand.

But an i3 would beat it while gaming. Go for the best, not for a single brand.

True dat. But still I find Intel expensive and I'm not familiar with their products. As far as I know i3 is their "bottom" product line and most players recommend at least an i5 or a better i7. I looked at them and they are expensive. If I could find a cheap Intel processor for long term 1080p gaming it would be nice.

True dat. But still I find Intel expensive and I'm not familiar with their products. As far as I know i3 is their "bottom" product line and most players recommend at least an i5 or a better i7. I looked at them and they are expensive. If I could find a cheap Intel processor for long term 1080p gaming it would be nice.

Make a thread about it.

i3 isn't bottom of the line, the Pentium is. The i3 also has hyperthreading which is good. And the i3 beats the 8350 in most games and will perform better because of its clock speeds based on 2 cores.

Make a thread about it.

i3 isn't bottom of the line, the Pentium is. The i3 also has hyperthreading which is good. And the i3 beats the 8350 in most games and will perform better because of its clock speeds based on 2 cores.

I'll think about it. It isn't actual right now, but you have my attention.