ASUS Strix Gtx 980ti overclocking question

keycolony
Go to solution Solved by X99stattrak,

I bought myself an asus gtx 980ti, its the strix version and i want to overclock it now, whats the programm that i should go for to overclock it and could you maybe tell me something like a baseline of whats youre voltage and youre core clock is with a similar 980ti because i already tried to overclock it but somehow GPU Tweak 2 isnt saving my overclocks and my new fan curve cause asus handled the fan curve a little bit to soft on this card an especially when you game for a long time the card is getting around 80c.

Thx for youre help !

First advice I can give you; get rid of gpu Tweak and go grab MSI Afterburner. The base I would give you is add 150 Core, and 400 memory, that's pretty easily done on an aftermarket pcb. You can also go into Afterburners settings and change the fan curve, I cringe seeing gpu's running at stock fan curves. Even when I had a reference 980ti I would ramp the stock cooler up to 60% while gaming to keep it at a much more respectable 60 Degrees.

I bought myself an asus gtx 980ti, its the strix version and i want to overclock it now, whats the programm that i should go for to overclock it and could you maybe tell me something like a baseline of whats youre voltage and youre core clock is with a similar 980ti because i already tried to overclock it but somehow GPU Tweak 2 isnt saving my overclocks and my new fan curve cause asus handled the fan curve a little bit to soft on this card an especially when you game for a long time the card is getting around 80c.

Thx for youre help !

Use MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

If GPU Tweak 2 isn't saving your settings, try MSI Afterburner, and click the little "Apply overclocking at system startup" button in the lower left corner.

Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte, Zotac, and MSI all have their own proprietary overclocking software, but they do basically the same thing. There is no advantage to using Asus software just because it's a Strix. At the end of the day, the GPU was designed by nVidia, not Asus.

I've used MSI Afterburner for all of my cards, regardless of brand, because the interface is the most straightforward and easy to understand.

As for voltage and clocks, keep voltage at stock for as long as you possibly can. Increase frequency until it gets unstable, then apply a little bit of voltage to see if it helps. Just remember that applying voltage will increase the boost clock, so you have to lower the frequency as you increase voltage. You have to keep the boost clock constant if you are to compare the stability between voltages.

Thx for youre help !

First advice I can give you; get rid of gpu Tweak and go grab MSI Afterburner. The base I would give you is add 150 Core, and 400 memory, that's pretty easily done on an aftermarket pcb. You can also go into Afterburners settings and change the fan curve, I cringe seeing gpu's running at stock fan curves. Even when I had a reference 980ti I would ramp the stock cooler up to 60% while gaming to keep it at a much more respectable 60 Degrees.