Fallout 4 main menu bug. ):

Elclid

For some reason when I open fallout 4, it lets me press a button to skip the intro then press a button when it says press any button and it works but then there is no mouse in the menu and the keyboard doesn't do anything. Restarting the game never works but restarting the computer sometimes works. I also tried it with my controller and still nothing happened. Please help

What Display do you use?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Seems odd to say the least (though the game has weird bugs and optimizations), are you on a HDD or SDD

hdd

Well it could be a loading issue due to fallout being weird, check your drive health just to be safe, try crystaldiskinfo

Thanks. I will give it a try

Well it could be a loading issue due to fallout being weird, check your drive health just to be safe, try crystaldiskinfo

This is what i got. DOnt know what it means. Is there anything I should do and would anyghin fix fallout?

post-223163-0-63701800-1448669520.png

This is what i got. DOnt know what it means. Is there anything I should do and would anyghin fix fallout?

You have a problem, I don't know how bad that is but it is not a good sign, and might be the problem with fallout, I suggest making another thread to discuss you HDD with these results, as your HDD might be degrading

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

You have a problem, I don't know how bad that is but it is not a good sign, and might be the problem with fallout, I suggest making another thread to discuss you HDD with these results, as your HDD might be degrading

Yeah, the drive is really old. I plan on getting an ssd will this help?

Yeah, the drive is really old. I plan on getting an ssd will this help?

Yep, fallout likes SSDs due to the fast loads, other things fallout likes are fast ram (idk why it just does) and strong CPUs, either way your HDD is not aging gracefully it seems.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yep, fallout likes SSDs due to the fast loads, other things fallout likes are fast ram (idk why it just does) and strong CPUs, either way your HDD is not aging gracefully it seems.

Alright thanks m8