Oculus rift with 980m

richardforero

Hello there, I'm just wondering if some one could give me some experiences with the oculus rift, haven't use it before but I really like what it can be done with it.

If some one could answer some question I'll be eternally gratefully .

• Can I run it in my laptop? (980m (8 gb ram), i7 4770k 4.0 stock, 32 gb ram and pci express ssd).

• can I play AAA games like battlefield, call of duty, Rainbox six, with the RV experience ?

• it is to early to buy one ? For a consumer user ? And it is worth it I mean with the amount of media available for VR?

• Does anyone have oculus Rift and a laptop to tell me some experiences with it?

I really appreciate your help guys, I hope you guys could help to solve this questions.

Thank you guys !

modern fps is going to be terrible woth the rift. its not ment for that.

your laptop will heatup a lot too.

and wait for the retail version. coming in the next few months

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Hello there, I'm just wondering if some one could give me some experiences with the oculus rift, haven't use it before but I really like what it can be done with it.

If some one could answer some question I'll be eternally gratefully .

• Can I run it in my laptop? (980m (8 gb ram), i7 4770k 4.0 stock, 32 gb ram and pci express ssd).

• can I play AAA games like battlefield, call of duty, Rainbox six, with the RV experience ?

• it is to early to buy one ? For a consumer user ? And it is worth it I mean with the amount of media available for VR?

• Does anyone have oculus Rift and a laptop to tell me some experiences with it?

I really appreciate your help guys, I hope you guys could help to solve this questions.

Thank you guys !

1. Depends on what you want to play, but the recommended spec is a desktop gtx 970 which is quite a bit faster than the 980m. I'm currently powering the dk2 with a gtx 980 and I'm running mid settings for some games like elite dangerous/assetto corsa to get a smooth experience.

2. No, games should be tailored made for vr or it will be a poor experience with injectors.

3. Buy what? Dk2 is no longer being sold and nothing is out yet so you have to wait until next year anyway.

4. Ran the Dk2 on a 650m laptop, was a pain dealing with optimus wanting to use the integrated card.