Windows 10 Fresh Install Giving Error Code at Same Point Each Time

DaviePatriots

Yesterday I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 after upgrading from 8. Things after the upgrade were going smoothly, but I after I decided to do a fresh install, because I have not in the past 2.5 years I have had the system, things started to go wrong. So I go ahead and create Windows 10 installation media onto a 4GB USB stick. I proceed with the installation as normal. Here is where things start to get dicey. Upon the first time attempting to upgrade the computer blue screened towards the end of the installation process (I forget the exact blue screen code now). So I go ahead and re-try and this time it works and eventually I boot into Windows 10. As I am going ahead and installing back programs and re-downloading things, I start to notice some weird issues. Chrome kept "crashing" re-directing me to the "Aw, Snap" error page, when I was installing Java took multiple attempts because of some weird errors, Steam games kept randomly pausing while downloading, and to cap it off I had two BSODs with the error message MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. 

At this point it was getting late on Thanksgiving so I decided to just let some Steam games install overnight. I wake up in the morning to my computer having restarted (presumably a blue screen). At this point I am thoroughly frustrated and decide to do another fresh install. This time I make sure to unplug my HDD and delete every previous partition on my SSD during the Windows 10 installation and I let Windows make the partition. During the installation (this is from my USB installation media that I created yesterday) I noticed that the copying windows files (step 1 of installation) went from 1% to completed almost instantly. Then the next step is where it gives me the error code. I will attach a screenshot of it below. I figure it may be bad installation media so I recreate it on my laptop. Try the installation again, and it gives the same error at almost the exact same point. As a final try I use the .ISO method to make installation media and I burn that to a DVD. Once again, I get the same error. 

My System: 

• Gigabyte Z87x-UD4H
  • 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 RAM
  • i5-4670k @ Stock right now
  • MSI Twin Frozr GTX 760 2GB
  • Kingston SSD NOW v300 120GB
  • WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD (Not plugged in at the moment)
  • Seasonic 650W PSU
  • Asus DVD-RW Disc Drive

post-32415-0-26796300-1448646202.jpg

Could it be UEFI related? Sometimes windows won't go with installation because if you create a bootable device in UEFI device it only works with another UEFI device and won't allow you to install on non-UEFI platforms. And most laptops are UEFI bases to start faster.
And Microsoft being microsoft, they just don't even know what's the error code anyway...

Could it be UEFI related? Sometimes windows won't go with installation because if you create a bootable device in UEFI device it only works with another UEFI device and won't allow you to install on non-UEFI platforms. And most laptops are UEFI bases to start faster.

And Microsoft being microsoft, they just don't even know what's the error code anyway...

Yeah that is plausible. In my boot menu I have both options to boot off the UEFI Kingston SSD and a non-UEFI Kingston SSD (refering to the same SSD). Not sure how to fix this though. 

Still can't get it too install. I'm thinking maybe the SSD is having troubles with Windows 10? I don't think it would have just died after working fine so recently...

I think the problem may be with how the SSD is formatted...however when I click format in Windows Setup it just formats it automatically without giving me any options. Does anyone know how to fix this or to force it to be formatted properly for Windows 10? At one point I got this message when selecting the partition "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only installed on GPT disks."

I'm really not sure why it is not doing it automatically like when I first installed Windows 8 over 2 years ago now. Did something change between the OS's or did my Bios change or the disk get reformatted wrongly? 

I think you should be able to delete all the partitions on the disk from that windows that lists your hard drives. And don't format it yourself. Just unplug every other storage you have, other then usb stick and the one you are trying to install OS (Windows uses other harddrives to keep files and you can't even delete them, with OCD it creates a messy look with a folder named 16556498415397641). And you can't even tell windows which storage to use for what. IT will ignore everything in every-step.

Unplug everything else but the install disc/memory and the drive you want to install.

Once you are at the drive selection screen, assuming you choose Advanced/custom install option, delete everything till it only shows Drive-0 Un/not-partitioned(could be wrong word not good at spelling in English) .

Then just select disk and click install.

EDIT: Do not format the drive! Just select it and it will configure everything for you. If you still get same problems I'll look at my own bios settings and try to guide you for UEFI settings all though they might be different between Z87 and Z97. With newer generations there might have implemented more support so it can work without problem.

Edit 2: Since Windows doesn't have mes5d check or what ever it's called for the .iso, the downloaded iso to create the flash drive it might be corrupted for some reason. You might want to download a new one. (Just googled the name it's md5sum). You'll see all linux downloads having that check to make sure nothing is corrupted.

Edit 3: Just realized what I wrote.. I'm neither on Linux side or Windows side...... oh well it's here now..