pc wont boot

Houssrita

i was playing assassins creed when my pc suddenly shut down by itself.i tried to replug the connectors of the power because the power button wasnt working either but nothing, after time of trying to make it work i started to spam the power button and it turned off only for 1 second and then stoped working someone help pls

specs

motherboard: atx gigabyte gaming 5 z97
cpu: inteli7 4790k

gpu:gtx 980

psu:thermaltake 750watt half modular

Sounds like either a dead PSU or mobo. Can you test either on a different PC?

Try running a power cycle on your computer by turning off the power supply (or unplugging it from the wall) for at least 30 seconds to let all the capacitors discharge. Then try turning it on again.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

i can see the lights of my motherboard and its components whenthe psu is on there is only the power button that is not lighting up but the fact that it worked for 1 sec makes me confused

Also, clear the CMOS.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Try running a power cycle on your computer by turning off the power supply (or unplugging it from the wall) for at least 30 seconds to let all the capacitors discharge. Then try turning it on again.

i did nothing :/

Maybe the power button is shorting itself out

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

i did nothing :/

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Try unplugging the power button connector and turning the pc on by shorting out the pins on the mobo see if it still turns off

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

no how can i do this?

no how can i do this?

Check your motherboard manual. Depending on your motherboard, you may have to short some pins for 10 seconds and on others there might be a button on the back I/O, so it's easiest if you check yourself (unless you tell us the brand and model of your motherboard - but it should be pretty easy to find).

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Check your motherboard manual. Depending on your motherboard, you may have to short some pins for 10 seconds and on others there might be a button on the back I/O, so it's easiest if you check yourself (unless you tell us the brand and model of your motherboard - but it should be pretty easy to find).

its a gygabite gaming 5 so it doesnt have a button but i can try to short pins to see if it works 

its a gygabite gaming 5 so it doesnt have a button but i can try to short pins to see if it works 

http://puu.sh/lAeVy/1e06e5a2a7.png

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

it worked ill see with the power button of my case if it works (it now lights up  unlike earlier