is this a good beginner build

TYCriswell2

I am a little new to building A computer, but not at the same time. I have watched a ton of LinusTechTips Build Guides and took apart my prebuilt computer completely and put it back together but never went out to buy parts to build a computer. I am aware the CPU cooler is a pain, but I can live with it, I want to be able to max GTA 5 out 1080p. and Want to future proof it if I ever get a 4k, or 1440p monitor. I am going for a blue and black theme, but I still go for performance and dont just choose a motherboard because of color. I also going to be doing some editing and coding on this machine. Any tips or suggestions. If you suggest anything try to keep it under 2000$, I  am working for money now and plan to build this computer in the summer of 2016 :).

The PCPARTPICKER link - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qqL2Jx

if you only plan on gaming you could swap the i7 4790k vs a i5 4690k ( save some money )they perform 99% the same in most games

more futureproof would be a 980ti for a few bucks more ( most ppl will tell you to swap the 980 for a team red card )

read the topic in my signature about more gpu info ;) bob did a awesome job

otherwise the build looks solid

@TYCriswell2 follow your topics

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Dominator Platinum memory modules are not really compatible with the cpu cooler.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I am a little new to building A computer, but not at the same time. I have watched a ton of LinusTechTips Build Guides and took apart my prebuilt computer completely and put it back together but never went out to buy parts to build a computer. I am aware the CPU cooler is a pain, but I can live with it, I want to be able to max GTA 5 out 1080p. and Want to future proof it if I ever get a 4k, or 1440p monitor. I am going for a blue and black theme, but I still go for performance and dont just choose a motherboard because of color. I also going to be doing some editing and coding on this machine. Any tips or suggestions. If you suggest anything try to keep it under 2000$, I  am working for money now and plan to build this computer in the summer of 2016 :).

The PCPARTPICKER link - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qqL2Jx

If your going for future proof the i7 with 8 threads will help a lot for Vulkan and DX12 games when they come out. Changed the CPU coolers to water, because if your going to spend $60 on an air cooler why not go water. Go with a 980 ti over the 980, because the 980 ti is a weaker Titan X and +2GB of VRAM for 1440k and 4k textures. I change the PSU to 750w for more Overclocking head room. 

CPU Cooler: LEPA AquaChanger 120 103.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($589.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($92.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1660.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-26 09:35 EST-0500

if you only plan on gaming you could swap the i7 4790k vs a i5 4690k ( save some money )they perform 99% the same in most games

more futureproof would be a 980ti for a few bucks more ( most ppl will tell you to swap the 980 for a team red card )

read the topic in my signature about more gpu info ;) bob did a awesome job

otherwise the build looks solid

@TYCriswell2 follow your topics

thanks you are very helpful :)

If your going for future proof the i7 with 8 threads will help a lot for Vulkan and DX12 games when they come out. Changed the CPU coolers to water, because if your going to spend $60 on an air cooler why not go water. Go with a 980 ti over the 980, because the 980 ti is a weaker Titan X and +2GB of VRAM for 1440k and 4k textures. I change the PSU to 750w for more Overclocking head room. 

thank you, could I go with a Corsair RMI power supply, it is 80+gold, 750w and I want to control it with corsair link

how is this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HhkXD3

Dominator Platinum memory modules are not really compatible with the cpu cooler.

okay

Looks good. let me know what kind of overclock you get out of it in 6 months.

Ok thankyou ;)