Laptop running a monitor

Koneko

I want to run a 27 inch monitor off my laptop and im wondering if it will affect fps and or be bad for the laptop. I have i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz and a nvidia 960m. I have to travel with my laptop but I want to run a keyboard and monitor off it so I can get a better gaming experince. Any comments or ideas? Heres the monitor http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor-S27D590C/dp/B00N4OBHNI/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448344122&sr=1-7&keywords=27+inch+monitor 

I want to run a 27 inch monitor off my laptop and im wondering if it will affect fps and or be bad for the laptop. I have i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz and a nvidia 960m. I have to travel with my laptop but I want to run a keyboard and monitor off it so I can get a better gaming experince. Any comments or ideas? Heres the monitor http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor-S27D590C/dp/B00N4OBHNI/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448344122&sr=1-7&keywords=27+inch+monitor 

Nah, should be fine - the laptop will send the signals it normally sends to its screen to the external monitor instead.

Unless you are using a higher resolution monitor - then you have to worry about losing FPS on a more or less unimproveable GPU.

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Since your laptop has a dedicated GPU (960M) I'm assuming it is running at 1920x1080 also?  If so, then you have nothing to worry about.  Other than gaming on a laptop  :P

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Yeah >.< My parents are divorced and I dont want one nice desktop at one house or two moderate desktops so i got a decent laptop >.<