Fallout 4

TRambo

Is Fallout 4 a more gpu intensive or cpu intensive game? Would there be a big difference in performance when using a 980ti and an i5-4690k compared to using a 980ti and an i7-6700k?

Fallout 4 is a RAM intensive game that was coded by blind monkeys. DO NOT worry about it. Play it and it is what it is.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Fallout 4 is capped at 72 FPS, so it wont matter OP. You can remove the limit but it messes with the in-game speed.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Is Fallout 4 a more gpu intensive or cpu intensive game? Would there be a big difference in performance when using a 980ti and an i5-4690k compared to using a 980ti and an i7-6700k?

not really.. but it is CPU bound in some cases. any FPS drops I experience also coincide with a GPU usage drop and 100% on one cpu thread...

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

not really.. but it is CPU bound in some cases. any FPS drops I experience also coincide with a GPU usage drop and 100% on one cpu thread...

You can mod it to use 4 threads, won't change much. GPU and CPU usage never hits 100%, RAM is the weak link.

You can mod it to use 4 threads, won't change much. GPU and CPU usage never hits 100%, RAM is the weak link.

don't think so.

my friend has 1,333 mhz ddr3 and I have 2,666 mhz ddr4 - we both get  the same performance and notice the same drops in utilization.

both of us have 980ti's and overclocked 6-core CPU's

Maybe on a CPU with a small cache this might be an issue?

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

don't think so.

my friend has 1,333 mhz ddr3 and I have 2,666 mhz ddr4 - we both get the same performance and notice the same drops in utilization.

both of us have 980ti's and overclocked 6-core CPU's

Maybe on a CPU with a small cache this might be an issue?

Maybe, my utilization and fps went way up in problem areas going from 1600 to 2200MHz DDR3. I'm running a proletariat 4690k lol