Nvidia Game optimisation causing BSOD

jem.graham

Hey guys,

So today I received my 970 and I was playing AC:S. I was playing just fine this morning, but when I loaded it up this afternoon, there was some small stutters (about 4 seconds long), I thought nothing of it and continued playing.

Fast foward 30 mins, the game crashes, I try to restart, it crashed on load up. Then I get into the game, I get blue screened and got this error "kmod_exeption_not_handled". I reinstalled my drivers, then the game optimisation screen came up, this wasn't here the first time I installed the drivers. I then optimised AC then continued to play without problems. Nvidia had set the resolution to 1600x900, but I wanted the full 1920x1080 I usually play at, so I bumped up the resolution, toned down the AA to keep it balanced. 30 seconds after that I get stutters, then blue screen.

I tried to optimise CSGO through the control panel and I get put with the same 1600x900 resolution but at all low settings.

I really hope this isn't a defective card, but I only got it today so the warranty is still good.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Have you cleaned all old drivers from registry?

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

Recent Nvidia drivers are crap - roll back to 355.60

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Have you cleaned all old drivers from registry?

I've not, I'll try this. Cheers

Oh really? I just thought the most recent ones made AC:S better, I'll give it a go. Thanks

True story... had to reinstall my system to solve a specific problem with my gtx 860m and the latest drivers.

So... no gaming till my anatomy exams.