UPS Capacity Questions

siberiansteel11

So my PC pulls around 400 to 500 watts max when full load. so I'm planning on Getting a UPS. I found a 650va/325 watt UPS from APC and I was wondering if it works on my PC. now I don't need the UPS to give me power for like 10 mins I just need it to shutdown properly when black out starts (it's very common in where I live). I know the question sounds stupid But I really need an advice Thanks!

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

No, it will need to support whatever max load you have.

So if your system truly pulss 500w (looking at it, it probably pulls 300-400w)

you would need a 1000va/500w UPS

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So my PC pulls around 400 to 500 watts max when full load. so I'm planning on Getting a UPS. I found a 650va/325 watt UPS from APC and I was wondering if it works on my PC. now I don't need the UPS to give me power for like 10 mins I just need it to shutdown properly when black out starts (it's very common in where I live). I know the question sounds stupid But I really need an advice Thanks!

Basically if your system is at full load it will trigger the overcurrent protection on the UPS, but if your not doing very high load work it will be sufficient for those kinds of situations. Ideally you want ones that can at least take the full load of your system.

after seeing 600 watt UPS I think their too damn expensive I think i'll just get a 600 WATT AVR it should work but I still can't shutdown properly I got a trauma out of it when my windows profile got corrupted -.- 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

after seeing 600 watt UPS I think their too damn expensive I think i'll just get a 600 WATT AVR it should work but I still can't shutdown properly I got a trauma out of it when my windows profile got corrupted -.- 

An AVR isn't the same as a UPS it just corrects for voltage fluctuation and doesn't provide backup battery power, which unit are you looking at?

An AVR isn't the same as a UPS it just corrects for voltage fluctuation and doesn't provide backup battery power, which unit are you looking at?

yeah I know what an AVR is it's just that I also need to upgrade my current AVR it's only around 500 watts. the AVR I'm looking at is the Stavol 1000va http://www.lazada.com.ph/stavol-1000va-automatic-voltage-regulator-619075.html price is around If I convert it to usd about 80 dollars I think 

yeah I know what an AVR is it's just that I also need to upgrade my current AVR it's only around 500 watts. the AVR I'm looking at is the Stavol 1000va http://www.lazada.com.ph/stavol-1000va-automatic-voltage-regulator-619075.html price is around If I convert it to usd about 80 dollars I think 

Not too sure about that brand but if it is capable of the full 600W you need then it would be good, just be sure to include things like monitors, peripherals and networking equipment.

Not too sure about that brand but if it is capable of the full 600W you need then it would be good, just be sure to include things like monitors, peripherals and networking equipment.

what brand do you recommend for avr's? 

what brand do you recommend for avr's? 

I'm not too familiar with AVR's specifically but I generally recommend APC, Eaton, Tripplite or FSP for power equipment, not saying the one you have selected is bad I just haven't heard of it.

I'm not too familiar with AVR's specifically but I generally recommend APC, Eaton, Tripplite or FSP for power equipment, not saying the one you have selected is bad I just haven't heard of it.

Thanks! will check out those brands in the stores