MSI or GALAX?

SamuraiJack

I want to get a new graphics card for Christmas and i have two in mind, the MSI gtx 980 ti - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127902&cm_re=gtx_980_ti-_-14-127-902-_-Product       or  the GALAX 980 ti  -   http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-Geforce-GTX-980-TI-HOF-6GB-FREE-GAMER-L-240GB-SSD-BUNDLE_p_41.htm   , i have a white themed build and these are like the only 980 ti cards that are white. What do you guys thing is the better card. i know the GALAX one comes with a SSD so thats cool.

If cost isn't an issue I'd pick the Galax card. Not only you get an SSD, it is also faster out of the box.

Unfortunately the galax

What's bad about galax?

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I know there's one from here that's coco for coco puffs. But I don't think he uses Galax anymore.

Who wouldn't be glad to have a card who can perform as much as a kingpin which is $200 more than my galax, also white build ftw.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Never heard of Galax

Previously Galaxy, they make the Hall of Fame cards yknow. 

Unfortunately the galax

Why unfortunately?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Nope never heard of Galaxy either, although I am amused they went all trendy and lost the 'y'

And anyone can brand their cards "hall of fame" its a tagline and meaningless

Nope never heard of Galaxy either, although I am amused they went all trendy and lost the 'y'

And anyone can brand their cards "hall of fame" its a tagline and meaningless

I'd call HoF cards the sexiest cards on earth so far :P. And who the hell knows why they removed the y lol. 

HOFF-FRONT-3.jpg

Also great overclockers

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Why unfortunately?

because the their fanboys are fanatic idiots. they took the Y away because they were bought out by someone else.

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

because the their fanboys are fanatic idiots. they took the Y away because they were bought out by someone else.

Saying "Unfortunately Galax" because they have fanatic fanboys is like saying "Unfortunately Intel/AMD/Nvidia" 

Saying "Unfortunately Galax" because they have fanatic fanboys is like saying "Unfortunately Intel/AMD/Nvidia" 

GALAX fanboys are next level

Someone's still bitter lmao

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 

Someone's still bitter lmao

someone is showing insecurities with that sig

Didn't someone argue about 'not using' crown symbol cause my product isn't the best? Jesus bro, you sound like my mom. 

Just saying, like on my current situation, I got spare $4.5k to dish out on this holiday- if I was to get another GPU I'd pickup another HoF no questions ask. 

Didn't someone argue about 'not using' crown symbol cause my product isn't the best? Jesus bro, you sound like my mom. 

Just saying, like on my current situation, I got spare $4.5k to dish out on this holiday- if I was to get another GPU I'd pickup another HoF no questions ask. 

its just obnoxious and considering the only thing you can say is you sound like my mum that doesnt exactly show your maturity level. 

its just obnoxious and considering the only thing you can say is you sound like my mum that doesnt exactly show your maturity level. 

Didn't your argument last night boiled down to symbol using? Just cause my Galax doesn't coil whine like your G1, doesn't mean I can't praise it.

Seriously, OP is probably better off either Galax or MSI white version- it's better than puny G1 whiners.

Didn't your argument last night boiled down to symbol using? Just cause my Galax doesn't coil whine like your G1, doesn't mean I can praise it.

Seriously, OP is probably better off either Galax or MSI white version- it's better than puny G1 whiners.

haha what coilwhine I cant hear it. g1 is one of the best cards galax isnt great and their idiotic fanboys prove themselves again considering this g1 card is 300$ cheaper than a HOF card

I feel srry for you HOF users I mean how do you deal with those noisy fans.

lets not even talk about the ugliness of the card

I don't see the G1 getting close to Kingpin/HoF/Lightning in overclocking ranking worldwide. 

That's a good deal then if you got it $400? Considering nobody's been buying it due to rampant coil whine complaints.

I don't see the G1 getting close to Kingpin/HoF/Lightning in overclocking ranking worldwide. 

That's a good deal then if you got it $400? Considering nobody's been buying it due to rampant coil whine complaints.

what coil whine issues Ive only heard of the issues with the HOF cards considering no one has them. 

Here you go

G1 issues 

HoF problems

also I havent bought my system yet im waiting for Zen and XPoint due in a few months

It was rampant on any 970 esp EVGA ftw, and 980ti on G1 and Strix. I sure hope they fix it, they were my number 1-2 choice before I got my gpu.