Notebook with IPS screen

AfroLedgend
Go to solution Solved by Youbetternot,

I hope someone can help me, I'm looking for a notebook with an IPS screen. I do want to be able to game on it.

Here are some notebooks

I hope someone can help me, I'm looking for a notebook with an IPS screen. I do want to be able to game on it.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Here are some notebooks

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Here are some notebooks

Wow haha, thanks this helps a lot and it should keep me researching for a while

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

What size of notebook are you looking for? And what's your price range?

Also, the Dell Precision line and HP Elitebook are workstation laptops, not exactly gaming laptops..

Even though everyone hates Alienware, I believe that their new models all have IPS screens. I'm not sure if Clevo models are available with IPS screens, but they do have a ton of customization so they may have that..

Edit: Emperor Piehead says that the Clevo models do have IPS screens, so I guess that's right.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Also, the Dell Precision line and HP Elitebook are workstation laptops, not exactly gaming laptops..

Even though everyone hates Alienware, I believe that their new models all have IPS screens. I'm not sure if Clevo models are available with IPS screens, but they do have a ton of customization so they may have that..

Edit: Emperor Piehead says that the Clevo models do have IPS screens, so I guess that's right.

I have decided to get the HP Envy 15-j059nr

Yeah a lot of rebranders of clevo have been boasting about them being matte 1920x1080p IPS screen. Here is a clevo rebranded laptop http://www.techpowerup.com/188348/eurocom-launches-the-m3-13-3-inch-gaming-laptop.html

This has a better gpu for about the same price once you put windows 8 on and it doesn't have bloatware http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6652-clevo-w650sr-p-5846.html

In my (limited) experience, Sager's notebooks are on a much higher tier than HP's in terms of performance, build quality, and upgradeability..

Depending on your budget, you might also want to look at the NP7352, which has the much stronger GTX 765M. If you want to play demanding games, having the stronger GPU will be a huge help. 

The GT 740M in the Envy 15 can definitely handle older titles on medium/high settings, but newer games will only be playable on lower settings.

This has a better gpu for about the same price once you put windows 8 on and it doesn't have bloatware http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6652-clevo-w650sr-p-5846.html

Ok thanks that looks great

Ok thanks that looks great

It should also run a bit cooler since clevo puts a lot copper in there laptops.

In my (limited) experience, Sager's notebooks are on a much higher tier than HP's in terms of performance, build quality, and upgradeability..

Depending on your budget, you might also want to look at the NP7352, which has the much stronger GTX 765M. If you want to play demanding games, having the stronger GPU will be a huge help. 

The GT 740M in the Envy 15 can definitely handle older titles on medium/high settings, but newer games will only be playable on lower settings.

Yeah the 7352 looks like a good option i really do want the higher end graphics

Yeah the 7352 looks like a good option i really do want the higher end graphics

Yee. The HP Envy 15 is thinner and lighter than the 7352, but in terms of performance Sager is the way to go for high end gaming laptops at reasonable prices.