Far Cry 3

hiyayhi

Hey guys, I picked up FC3 on thursday (I'm in Aus) from EBGames for $45 :D

I'm slightly surprised though at the frame rates I'm getting. I'm fairly sure it's just my CPU bottlenecking my HD6990. I'm on max settings with no AA and I'm getting a max of about 60fps.

Am I right in thinking that my i5 2320 is bottlenecking my card THAT much?

I'm gonna run tthe bench test that Linus and Slick did for their benchmark. I'll report what I get.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I'm getting an average of 32 fps using the Linus tech tips benchmark.

I think it is your cpu that is the bottleneck because I was having a little bit of chop and frame jump with my core i5 3570k and after i overclocked her even a little, i had a better framerate. Oh and i have a gtx 670 :D

Corsair 650d, Core i5 3570k, H100, Galaxy gtx670, Asus z77 vDeluxe Mobo, 16g kingston hyper x memory.

I think it is your cpu that is the bottleneck because I was having a little bit of chop and frame jump with my core i5 3570k and after i overclocked her even a little, i had a better framerate. Oh and i have a gtx 670 :D
Yeh thats what I was thinking, I'm planning on upgrading to an i73770k, Thanks.

Far Cry 3 is a little unoptimized, given the time it has been out the excuse "wait for the drivers" is kind of played out. They really need to fix the performance issues surrounding this game. i.e. Micro-stuttering to no end! >.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz