Computer crashing, blue dots coming up on the screen, and now problems booting into windows

teddyteddyteddy

Like I said in the title, I'm getting problems where a blue dot pattern comes up all over the screen, and the only way to get out of it is by holding down the power button.

The first few times it happened, it was fixed with a quick restart. Now the dots pop up within 10 seconds of turning on my pc, and one of the times I got a message that said windows "didn't load correctly" .

When I click "troubleshoot" there aren't any problems with blue dots or crashing, which leads me to believe that it's a driver problem.

Any ideas?

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

Sounds to me like a dead gpu :(

Do you have any onboard graphics or another GPU you could try?

I do have another gpu, but I don't think that's the problem. In the troubleshoot menu for Windows not loading, I'm not having any problems at all. It seems to me like it's a software problem... I'm thinking about reinstalling windows

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

I do have another gpu, but I don't think that's the problem. In the troubleshoot menu for Windows not loading, I'm not having any problems at all. It seems to me like it's a software problem... I'm thinking about reinstalling windows

It might be a driver issue or something telling the GPU to overclock itself....?