Using my LG G3 as a viewfinder for the Samsung NX300?

electrolux

The NX300 has a HDMI output, is there any way to use my LG G3 as a viewfinder?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

The NX300 has a HDMI output, is there any way to use my LG G3 as a viewfinder?

Does your LG support HDMI input? I doubt it does.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Does your LG support HDMI input? I doubt it does.

No, of course it doesn't, something to do with Wi-Fi streaming with a converter.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

Shortly put, no. The slimport USB on the phone is output only. But tiny HDMI displays aren't that expensive. Look into it.

And technically yes. You could connect the NX300 to a computer via a capture card, stream the video online or at the very least over Wi-Fi locally and use the browser on the LG G3 to see the video. Depending on how many thousands of cowskins you throw at it, the latency could be manageable but cheap it won't be.

Yeah, I gotta revise this. NX300 comes with a remote viewfinder function and it works with close to all Android phones. G3 being one of them. Just download the app for the phone. 

No, of course it doesn't, something to do with Wi-Fi streaming with a converter.

Shortly put, no. The slimport USB on the phone is output only. But tiny HDMI displays aren't that expensive. Look into it.

And technically yes. You could connect the NX300 to a computer via a capture card, stream the video online or at the very least over Wi-Fi locally and use the browser on the LG G3 to see the video. Depending on how many thousands of cowskins you throw at it, the latency could be manageable but cheap it won't be.

Well some camera models/brands come with built in wifi or has a wifi adapter as a purchasable accessory, and some allows liveview streaming over wifi.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Well some camera models/brands come with built in wifi or has a wifi adapter as a purchasable accessory, and some allows liveview streaming over wifi.

Like this one does. :D