intel i7-2600k

gtx 580

msi z77a-g43 gaming

coolermaster 850W power supply.

2TB HDD from WD 

samsung 840EVO 250gb

16gb DDR3 kingston ram

sharkoon cardreader

disc drive (don't know the brand, sorry)

coolermaster heatsink + fan

antec nine hundred two case

i'm afraid i don't know which bios build i'm at, nd cannot check.

The problem:

after powering on the computer the fans start spinning for about 10seconds, and my harddrives start to boot up aswel, but after this the pc shuts down, without even getting to bios and without making a bleep (i don't have a motherboard speaker though, and don't know if there is one build in) and i don't see an indicator led flashing on the mobo

When did the problem start occuring:

it started earlier today after i had replaced my old graphics card (gtx 580) with my new one, a gtx 970. i had discharged myself and unplugged my psu. 

what have i tried so far:

i have tried placing back my gtx 580.

i have tried booting the pc with only the cpu, 1 stick of ram, the motherboard and psu plugged in. using the on-board gpu.

taking out the CMOS battery.

I have tested my monitor which works fine.

i have cleaned out all the dust (which i do sub-monthly)

made sure all the fans are spinning (the cpu and gpu fan also spin when they're connected) 

checked and reseated all cables to make sure they're firmly connected

i'm afraid i don't have another motherboard to test with.

thanks in advance.

You can try what what @DarkBlade2117 suggested. If that doesn't work neither then the problem is one of the following:

-Dead/dying PSU

-Dead/dying MOBO  

Probably much easier to find a spare PSU to try rather than a spare MOBO, so if it still doesn't work with another PSU you can safely narrow it down to a bad MOBO.

Solved. thank you everyone for helping so quickly.

System specs:
intel i7-2600k

gtx 580

msi z77a-g43 gaming

2TB HDD from WD 

samsung 840EVO 250gb

16gb DDR3 kingston ram

sharkoon cardreader

The problem:
after powering on the computer the fans start spinning for about 10seconds, and my harddrives start to boot up aswel, but after this the pc shuts down, without even getting to bios and without making a bleep (i don't have a motherboard speaker though, and don't know if there is one build in) and i don't see an indicator led flashing on the mobo

it started earlier today after i had replaced my old graphics card (gtx 580) with my new one, a gtx 970. i had discharged myself and unplugged my psu. 

i have tried booting the pc with only the cpu, 1 stick of ram, the motherboard and psu plugged in. using the on-board gpu.

made sure all the fans are spinning (the cpu and gpu fan also spin when they're connected) 

thanks in advance.

Try booting up with no RAM and see if a beep happens

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

System specs:

intel i7-2600k

gtx 580

msi z77a-g43 gaming

2TB HDD from WD 

samsung 840EVO 250gb

16gb DDR3 kingston ram

sharkoon cardreader

The problem:

thanks in advance.

You can try what what @DarkBlade2117 suggested. If that doesn't work neither then the problem is one of the following:

-Dead/dying PSU

-Dead/dying MOBO  

Probably much easier to find a spare PSU to try rather than a spare MOBO, so if it still doesn't work with another PSU you can safely narrow it down to a bad MOBO.

just tried booting without any ram at all, still nothing happens.

-Dead/dying PSU

-Dead/dying MOBO  

Yup if it is the mobo, they go decently cheap on eBay

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

if it is the mobo could it have died because i put in the new GPU/ destroyed any other parts while doing so? i was grounded and unplugged the mobo while switching the cards. 

i borrowed some one his mobo and i got to post with it, seems like my motherboard has died, thanks for the help everyone.