NEW 120MM FAN FOR MY PC

iiLouiisVoii

ive got the corsair carbide spec 01 and it only has one fan, its the one the case comes with.

I just want an extra fan in the back, which one should i get thats 120mm?

For a silent fan go for the Noctuas for the leds go with de Corsair AF120 Led Quiet Edition.

If you can get your hands on a Cooler Master BC120 with red LED lighting, that would be your best bet for the front fan. They're rather quiet and they're made by a company that knows what it's doing, but most importantly they're dirt cheap.

For the rear, there's almost too many to choose from, since the red light isn't a requirement there. A BeQuiet! Pure Wings 2-120 would probably be my choice in that position, though.

Do not, if you value your ears, buy a Corsair fan. Yes, they're pretty and they're available with red LED lighting, but unless you get radical with undervolting the things, they're louder than the proverbial jet engine, even the aptly misnamed "Quiet Edition" ones...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Do not, if you value your ears, buy a Corsair fan. Yes, they're pretty and they're available with red LED lighting, but unless you get radical with undervolting the things, they're louder than the proverbial jet engine, even the aptly misnamed "Quiet Edition" ones...

Fans advertised as quiet are almost never meant to be run at their highest rated speeds. Lowering them or undervolting is expected.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Fans advertised as quiet are almost never meant to be run at their highest rated speeds. Lowering them or undervolting is expected.

Of course it is, but all things are relative, and in my own personal experience as an AF140 Quiet Edition owner, Corsair fans take a lot of work to get them to acceptable noise levels. My particular AF140 is set to the lowest possible setting through the BIOS, and then connected via one of Noctua's Low Noise Adapters, and even then it is still louder than the Phanteks and Cooler Master fans that I have in other places in my system, which can reach their noise levels without requiring such drastic measures.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Of course it is, but all things are relative, and in my own personal experience as an AF140 Quiet Edition owner, Corsair fans take a lot of work to get them to acceptable noise levels. My particular AF140 is set to the lowest possible setting through the BIOS, and then connected via one of Noctua's Low Noise Adapters, and even then it is still louder than the Phanteks and Cooler Master fans that I have in other places in my system, which can reach their noise levels without requiring such drastic measures.

You're only supposed to use one of either the LNA or settings on the motherboard. Which header are you using? Many motherboard headers are unreliable for full range fan control.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You're only supposed to use one of either the LNA or settings on the motherboard. Which header are you using? Many motherboard headers are unreliable for full range fan control.

Yes, I know I'm only supposed to use one of them, but if using only one of them isn't enough to bring noise levels down to acceptable levels, I don't really have much of a choice but to use both...

Yes, I know I'm only supposed to use one of them, but if using only one of them isn't enough to bring noise levels down to acceptable levels, I don't really have much of a choice but to use both...

That's not really how the LNA works. It wouldn't lower the fan speed any lower than proper motherboard fan control would.