Windows 7 Ultimate Conundrum

bchampion96
Go to solution Solved by wtfxmitchell,

Did you see the part where I said I can't deal with how the setting menus work? If you link me to things I can do to overhaul windows 8 and make it windows 7 but faster, then maybe I'll reconsider

http://www.startisback.com/ here is the download site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqUAg3cQxQo he compares start8 vs startisback

(you don't have to buy it if you don'r want to)

Hi Guys,

Here's the situation: I have windows 7 ultimate (I got it free from a friend, but didn't know it was an evaluation copy), and now it's doing all the things windows does when it doesn't have a licence. Bugging me and not letting me have a background and whatever. So I want to get a proper copy of windows 7, not 8. Apparently there may be a way to sue a windows 8 pro code on windows 7, so if that works that could save me money. I only need windows 7 home premium, but I don't really want to go through the hassle of re-installing all my programs and everything after re-installing windows. 

What would you do in my situation?

thanks for any suggestions you have! :)

bchampion96

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

i would pirate but i don't advise it because of forum rules

or

i would just buy w8

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

There is a specific program that shall not be named but is really good for situations like this. 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

i would pirate but i don't advise it because of forum rules

or

i would just buy w8

I hate windows 8, so no thanks.

There is a specific program that shall not be named but is really good for situations like this. 

I will not pirate anything. It is against the law and just not cool in general. Apart from it being microsoft and me not really caring about them as a company, I still won't do it.

I hate windows 8, so no thanks.

I will not pirate anything. It is against the law and just not cool in general. Apart from it being microsoft and me not really caring about them as a company, I still won't do it.

why do you hate windows 8? if you've never tried/used it before you can't know

once you used it for a week you will never go back again, it is so much faster and you can turn of the metro ui and shit and getting the start menu from w7 back by downloading startisback, so there is no reason for hating windows 8

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

why do you hate windows 8? if you've never tried/used it before you can't know

once you used it for a week you will never go back again, it is so much faster and you can turn of the metro ui and shit and getting the start menu from w7 back by downloading startisback, so there is no reason for hating windows 8

My sister's laptop has windows 8. I'm constantly having to fix this buggy pile of crap that she brings to me every time it disconnects from networks for no reason and every time it bluescreens and every time it wont turn off. I can't deal with how the settings menus work either. I don't want to have to work to use a computer.

My sister's laptop has windows 8. I'm constantly having to fix this buggy pile of crap that she brings to me every time it disconnects from networks for no reason and every time it bluescreens and every time it wont turn off. I can't deal with how the settings menus work either. I don't want to have to work to use a computer.

first of al, maybe she just has a crappy laptop or doen's know how it works

second, if you download startisback it looks the same and works the same as windows 7 only then faster by around 10/15%

so your argument are invalid

first of al, maybe she just has a crappy laptop or doen's know how it works

second, if you download startisback it looks the same and works the same as windows 7 only then faster by around 10/15%

so your argument are invalid

Did you see the part where I said I can't deal with how the setting menus work? If you link me to things I can do to overhaul windows 8 and make it windows 7 but faster, then maybe I'll reconsider

http://www.startisback.com/ here is the download site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqUAg3cQxQo he compares start8 vs startisback

(you don't have to buy it if you don'r want to)

another option is classicshell

So is turning off metro UI in vanilla windows 8?

no, but if you download that start menu you can turn it off or leave it if you want

no, but if you download that start menu you can turn it off or leave it if you want

Okay, cool. That saves me a lot of money. Any other windows 8 life hacks you can share?

Okay, cool. That saves me a lot of money. Any other windows 8 life hacks you can share?

not that i can think of xD

not that i can think of xD

Well, thanks for all your help, and sorry for my initial hostilities :P

Well, thanks for all your help, and sorry for my initial hostilities :P

it's okay, i encounter hostility often

apple fanboys.....