Good Cameras For Video?

Im going to be doing quite a bit video shooting within the next couple of months and am wondering, Do I get the canon 700d or a camcorder style for around the same price?

Spoiler

I have a 700D and it's great for video with Magic Lantern 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Im going to be doing quite a bit video shooting within the next couple of months and am wondering, Do I get the canon 700d or a camcorder style for around the same price?

Depends on your experience, skills and the type of videos you want to record.  So what are your needs?  What type of videos do you want to record?  And how much are you willing to spend on buying a camera + accessories?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

DSLR > Camcorders in everything but portability & ease of movement IMO. 700D is a good choice. Nikon D5300 is also a good choice for a bit cheaper.

NOT entirely true!

Here is a camera listed as a "Camcorder" and it performs better than, I would say, every DSLR.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082825-REG/sony_pxw_fs7_compact_4k_xdcam_with.html

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Yeah of course. You should expect an $8000 camcorder to perform better than a $650 DSLR. 

I should have been more clear (sorry about that), but in his price range, DSLR reigns supreme. Camcorders start performing REALLY well $800+

Again that depends on what the OP wants to film, family home videos of kids' birthdays, vacation videos... a camcorder will be much better.

700D with Magic Lanturn isn't halfbad, but if you don't mind increasing your budget the Panasonic G7 is pretty much better in every aspect, except maybe the slightly smaller sensor (not a big difference tho).

Also check out the A6000, it also does video really well.

A camcorder may be a better option tho if you just want a simple point and shoot camera.

Depends on your experience, skills and the type of videos you want to record.  So what are your needs?  What type of videos do you want to record?  And how much are you willing to spend on buying a camera + accessories?

I guess my budget really depends on the quality of the camera and/or accessories...  But top range is about the 700D, it was my original choice and I mainly wanted to see your opinions... I am going to be doing a range of videos and Photography, My 300D is old, but works and I can get pretty good pics xD So ill probably go for the 700D

Spoiler