Headphones Ft.Mic

JohnnyIsHere

Heyy so with the build i am getting http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/b38CTW i also want some headphones...

So i already have some that i am completely happy with but was wondering if there are any cheap headphones out there.. 

Was wondering if along with those cheap headphones if any had a mic on them as well, like i DO NOT want the mic like sticking out... I just want a low key mic added onto the cord of the headphones..and preferebally be able to pick up low sounds. As when i play games when everyone is asleep i need a mic that i can use while talking quietly but sound just as loud to the person on the receiving end as if i was talking normally :)

Yeah so thanks! if anyone knows if there is something like this please leave a comment :D + I am from New Zealand so would like them to be in stock in New Zealand aswell :)

To be honest, other than those clip on mics that you can buy, literally all gaming headsets with cord mic are trash.

Would recommend the superlux 668 with the mic modded on it.

Hey. I know this thread is about headphones, but I'd recommend stepping up your power supply to a 750W (difference is next to nothing) and also getting a wifi card which supports the "ac" type (it's faster, and 99% of modern routers support it).

I don't think that the mic that is added in to the cord. I have one good headset: GameCom 780/788 it has a mic that sticks out but you can hide bit by pushing it up. The mic is really good and is noise cancelling. It also picks up low sounds really good and it has 7.1 surround sound.

GameCom 780/788: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Headset-Surround/dp/B00B1KJK22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447763288&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecom+788

Hey. I know this thread is about headphones, but I'd recommend stepping up your power supply to a 750W (difference is next to nothing) and also getting a wifi card which supports the "ac" type (it's faster, and 99% of modern routers support it).

750W power suplly is overkill!

On the topic of headphones, I recommend the Plantronics Gamecom 780/788 (same tech, different colour). It's a Dolby 7.1 surround USB headset with an excellent microphone (I currently own one and it has lasted me for years and years). They're also extremely durable, due to their built-in thick metal frame. I've dropped mine so many times and you can't even tell. Highly recommend this headset, especially since it's so cheap compared to the competition and performs better in most cases.

750W power suplly is overkill!

You never know, he might wanna add a second card down the line. I more-so want to emphasize the change in wifi card, as the faster speeds are beneficial to user experience.

You never know, he might wanna add a second card down the line. I more-so want to emphasize the change in wifi card, as the faster speeds are beneficial to user experience.

2 R9 380 can cook eggs for you.

I would rather go for 1 powerfull card than two low-end cards.

I don't think that the mic that is added in to the cord. I have one good headset: GameCom 780/788 it has a mic that sticks out but you can hide bit by pushing it up. The mic is really good and is noise cancelling. It also picks up low sounds really good and it has 7.1 surround sound.

GameCom 780/788: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Headset-Surround/dp/B00B1KJK22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447763288&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecom+788

To be honest, other than those clip on mics that you can buy, literally all gaming headsets with cord mic are trash.

Would recommend the superlux 668 with the mic modded on it.

Couldn't find the superlux 668 in NZ stores 

Yo partpicker said my wattage is only 79-340.. So probs don't need more than a 550W :D And what is this wifi card? do u have any links to them

Wow! No shipping Costs? Normally it is like $20 for shipping... And are those headphones $40 US? or $40NZ?

And yeah i am more than likely just gonna stay with one card... as i don't want to pay anymore for another card.. even later on

Wow! No shipping Costs? Normally it is like $20 for shipping... And are those headphones $40 US? or $40NZ?

It's $40 US. It got 50% off so I would buy them if I were you :D.

Yo partpicker said my wattage is only 79-340.. So probs don't need more than a 550W :D And what is this wifi card? do u have any links to them

Yeah, sure! http://www.tp-link.com/lb/products/details/cat-11_Archer-T9E.html

That is the top-end model at 1900 mbps which is $89 AUD in Australia (tho it's probably cheaper where you are). Note how under features it specifies "802.11ac dual band". That will give you excellent speeds, both due to being dual band and "ac".

Yeah, sure! http://www.tp-link.com/lb/products/details/cat-11_Archer-T9E.html

That is the top-end model at 1900 mbps which is $89 AUD in Australia (tho it's probably cheaper where you are). Note how under features it specifies "802.11ac dual band". That will give you excellent speeds, both due to being dual band and "ac".

Ah awesome! thanks will get one of those :) 1 more thing how do i know what ghz i am on and if 2.4 is it free to swap to 5ghz

Heyy so with the build i am getting http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/b38CTW i also want some headphones...

So i already have some that i am completely happy with but was wondering if there are any cheap headphones out there..

Was wondering if along with those cheap headphones if any had a mic on them as well, like i DO NOT want the mic like sticking out... I just want a low key mic added onto the cord of the headphones..and preferebally be able to pick up low sounds. As when i play games when everyone is asleep i need a mic that i can use while talking quietly but sound just as loud to the person on the receiving end as if i was talking normally :)

Yeah so thanks! if anyone knows if there is something like this please leave a comment :D + I am from New Zealand so would like them to be in stock in New Zealand aswell :)

If im not wrong,v moda has those kind of cables but arent cheap xD

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Ah awesome! thanks will get one of those :) 1 more thing how do i know what ghz i am on and if 2.4 is it free to swap to 5ghz

You will have to consult your router configuration. It's pretty much impossible to get a router these days that only supports 2.4 GHz. Your best bet is to log in to your router's config and have look around, make sure a 5 GHz network is set up and be sure to connect to that whenever possible (as it is faster). It'll be a setting somewhere. I myself have a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network, as I have some devices which do not support connecting to 2.4 GHz, so you may consider going that way. Either way, any device that can use 5 GHz (such as your network card) will gain superior speeds by utilising it. There's also much much much less interference on that frequency.