Motherboard Problem

Gigabyte Z87N WIFI.. so I've been using this motherboard for maybe like 3 years now (using my PC after school and summer time) I have a problem regarding the mic input, I think maybe it's broken? Whenever I put my headset It cannot detect the mic but the audio/sound is good and detected properly. Now I plugged in the front audio that comes with the case to my motherboard I am using the front audio for my headset, the mic works and also the audio. Is the mic audio port in my motherboard dead? Can that happen?  :unsure:

IMG_3915b.jpg

On some motherboards you must have the full driver and software suite installed in order to configure the input.

Have you got the full driver and software suite installed on your PC?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On some motherboards you must have the full driver and software suite installed in order to configure the input.

Have you got the full driver and software suite installed on your PC?

yes I have installed the Gigabyte version of the software every analog in the back panel works except for the mic... damn this is sad  :(  :(

I have a similar issue only mines that the front speaker port won't switch to headset so as to support 7.1. Did you find a cure or still looking for one?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I have a similar issue only mines that the front speaker port won't switch to headset so as to support 7.1. Did you find a cure or still looking for one?

I'm sill facing the problem up to this day  :( . Have you tried a different case front audio panel? 

I'm sill facing the problem up to this day :( . Have you tried a different case front audio panel?

That one worked at first, after Gigabyte had me unplug it and plug it back in it stopped working. After a month of talking with Gigabyte they want me to sent the motherboard in, I can do that as I need my computer. Sorry I couldn't help.

If anyone asks you never saw me.