Microsoft introduces: Office Insider program

GoodBytes

Microsoft presented the very successful Windows 10 Insider program, which allowed users to post feedback during the development of the OS so that Microsoft Windows team can consider new ideas, suggestions, and correct bugs/issues reported by users. Despite Windows 10 released, the Insider program continues with new builds with new features going forward in the preparation of the next version of Windows. For example, Insiders on the Fast ring enjoyed features and bug fixes of the just recently released of Windows 10 codename Threshold 2.

Microsoft introduced soon after the Windows 10 Insider program, the Windows 10 Mobile program, and XBox One Insider program. But today, Microsoft announces a new Insider program, the Office Insider program. Being part of the it allows you to test the latest Office, provide feedback on features, provide feature suggestions, and report bugs and issues.

Today, we’re also launching Office Insider, a new program that allows Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal and Office 365 University subscribers to opt in to pre-release builds of Office 2016 for Windows. As an Insider, you get first-hand access to the latest innovations, putting you on the inside track for all things Office. And when you become an Office Insider, you are joining a community of like-minded power users. With your partnership, we can ensure a high quality Office experience for millions of Office users worldwide.

So yes, unlike Windows 10, you need to have an Office 365 subscription to be part of the program.

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2015/11/13/the-evolution-of-powerpoint-introducing-designer-and-morph/

Microsoft presented the very successful Windows 10 Insider program, which allowed users to post feedback during the development of the OS so that Microsoft Windows team can consider new ideas, suggestions, and correct bugs/issues reported by users. Despite Windows 10 released, the Insider program continues with new builds with new features going forward in the preparation of the next version of Windows. For example, Insiders on the Fast ring enjoyed features and bug fixes of the just recently released of Windows 10 codename Threshold 2.

Microsoft introduced soon after the Windows 10 Insider program, the Windows 10 Mobile program, and XBox One Insider program. But today, Microsoft announces a new Insider program, the Office Insider program. Being part of the it allows you to test the latest Office, provide feedback on features, provide feature suggestions, and report bugs and issues.

So yes, unlike Windows 10, you need to have an Office 365 subscription to be part of the program.

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2015/11/13/the-evolution-of-powerpoint-introducing-designer-and-morph/

I was already considering at O365 since one subscription is good for 5 users.

Don't know if I want to be on the bleeding edge of any software so the Insider program wouldn't be for me, but, maybe with that Powerpoint Morph ...

I was already considering at O365 since one subscription is good for 5 users.

Don't know if I want to be on the bleeding edge of any software so the Insider program wouldn't be for me, but, maybe with that Powerpoint Morph ...

you can get a subscription for just one or the house hold subscription that is up to 5 users. Not only do you get office but 1tb of OneDrive storage and 60 minutes of Skype calls, which you can use if you can get a signal but do have wifi I guess or other reasons like calling from your PC.