TV sound duplication

INurHome

Hello,

Scenario:

I want to push sound out of the TV speakers and a pair of wireless headphone at the same time. The headphones are for a hearing impaired individual (read:old) and the speakers are for the rest of the audience.

Only RCA, Optical and 3.5mm are available on the TV. The USB port will be in use during most media viewings.

Any suggestions for a quality and effective solution?

I was thinking of getting a soundbar (might as well), a 3.5mm Y-splitter, an iClever IC-BTR01 Bluetooth receiver and a pair of Bluetooth headphones. Or omit the standalone receiver and get a set of headphones with a base station and 3.5mm jack.

Is this a compatible solution?

Is there a better way to accomplish what I want?

Anyone have any experience with iClever products?

Bonus:

Suggestions for soundbars or headphones sets? Name brands or models?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Chris

Using the 3,5mm out will likely disable the integrated speakers and some TVs don't have a menu option to re-enable it so the soundbar sounds like a must.

When you go wireless with the headphones you risk getting a slight delay in them. Might not be a problem for a hearing-impared but just so you know. It sounds like an echo in the sound if you can hear the sound from the soundbar and the headphones.

To reduce the delay, i'd skip the bluetooth. It's just one extra conversion which can only add to the delay. Although, I guess with a quality device it can still be unnoticeable.

I myself have no experience of iAnything. Always trusted Logitech in all my peripherals.