What can i uninstall?

Go to solution Solved by Olivar9800,

I know it doesn't help with my FPS but it sure helps the games load faster, but if its better off running on my HDD for more SSD space then i guess that's the better option.

But i just made a Discclean and got about 30GB free space now, but i guess all my games are going to run on my HDD from now on. 

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

Hello everyone! 

I'm trying to save some space on my SSD and i was wondering what i can uninstall to get a few extra GB since i only have 18GB left on my 250GB SSD.

I noticed that i have a long list of Microsoft Visual C++  and was wondering if its "okay" to get rid og some of those?

or anything else that might get me some extra space on my SSD...?

post-175278-0-64211600-1447112603.png

can't really get rid of those without some programs being bitchy, and they don't take up much space

A. Run Disckcleanup

B move your personal files to your hdd

what arty said, if you have any text files for school or pictures and videos put that on the hdd, anything windows files and such essential programs go on the ssd and maybe a game or two but most files just put on the hdd

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Okay. i just think its funny how BF4, GTA: V and a few programs like Photoshop, Office, and other small programs can take 250GB?? 

Okay. i just think its funny how BF4, GTA: V and a few programs like Photoshop, Office, and other small programs can take 250GB?? 

BF4 and GTAV are huge games, they take up tons. If you move those to an HDD you'll free up tons of space. 

I used to be quite active here.

GTA: V is over 60GB on it's own, BF 4 is around 30GB, that's 90GB of your 250 used already. I have a separate drive for my games, 1TB hard drive isn't expensive these days and should be able to store a fair number of games. If you are wanting to run new games on an SSD, you will need to invest in one that you will just dedicate to that task, a lot more expensive though and I don't know the benefits of that.

#5 Yeah but the loadtimes will be so much slower...

But there's no chance its because i have some other programs installed that fills the SSD?

GTA: V = 60GB 

BF4 = 60GB 

60+60=120GB

Where did the 130GB go then? :/

GTA: V is over 60GB on it's own, BF 4 is around 30GB, that's 90GB of your 250 used already. I have a separate drive for my games, 1TB hard drive isn't expensive these days and should be able to store a fair number of games. If you are wanting to run new games on an SSD, you will need to invest in one that you will just dedicate to that task, a lot more expensive though and I don't know the benefits of that.

Well.. i do have a 3TB HDD with all my other games on, but they don't require to have a stable FPS and good loadtime...? :/

#5 Yeah but the loadtimes will be so much slower...

But there's no chance its because i have some other programs installed that fills the SSD?

GTA: V = 60GB 

BF4 = 60GB 

60+60=120GB

Where did the 130GB go then? :/

The rest is being used by the NSA for their remote storage of people's internet history and phone calls.

Not even they have infinite space, so instead steal ours.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Before you uninstall anything, I'd recommend you download and install this little tool: http://www.crystalidea.com/downloads/uninstalltool_setup.exe

It serves as a program uninstaller, but also helps you remove residual files & registry records after you've uninstall a software.

Quite helpful in my opinion.

You'd think that I'd have a very meaningful signature. Well, I don't.

Well.. i do have a 3TB HDD with all my other games on, but they don't require to have a stable FPS and good loadtime...? :/

I don't believe an SSD is going to help with your FPS, that would be your graphics card. The only thing I believe the SSD will help with is loading times and really, space on your SSD might be more useful than a few seconds shaved off a games loading time. A decent enough HDD will still load them at a reasonable rate.

I know it doesn't help with my FPS but it sure helps the games load faster, but if its better off running on my HDD for more SSD space then i guess that's the better option.

But i just made a Discclean and got about 30GB free space now, but i guess all my games are going to run on my HDD from now on. 

Thanks for the help everyone! :)