7950 Watercooling

Ghost

I am having such a head ache trying to find a 7950 that has a reference PCB.

Half the cards are supposedly using 7970 reference PCBs.

This is so confusing I've been browsing for about 2 hours now and can't find a definite answer on anything. I can even trust coolingconfigurator because I know its wrong with at least one of the cards listed.

Any tips?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

It doesn't work like that. Some companies even change the PCB within the same product line for no apparent reason.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

By reference 7950 PCB do you mean something like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n3324[/ATTACH]

I thought that MOST models are released with this PCB and sometimes you can find a 7950 with a 7970 PCB. Its possible youre mistrust of cooling configurator is because some lines of 7950s are coming out with BOTH 7950 and 7970 PCBs and its up to luck which one you get, I've heard this with the MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III.

Also, check the post i made on this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/water-cooling/80218-help-woth-picking-a-hd7950-for-watercooling?p=86039#post86039

I have 2 Powercolor PCS+ Boost 7950s, they both are using 7950 PCBs.

post-6441-13667861688575_thumb.jpg

By reference 7950 PCB do you mean something like this? [ATTACH=CONFIG]n3324[/ATTACH] I thought that MOST models are released with this PCB and sometimes you can find a 7950 with a 7970 PCB. Its possible youre mistrust of cooling configurator is because some lines of 7950s are coming out with BOTH 7950 and 7970 PCBs and its up to luck which one you get' date=' I've heard this with the MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III. Also, check the post i made on this thread: [url']http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/water-cooling/80218-help-woth-picking-a-hd7950-for-watercooling?p=86039#post86039 I have 2 Powercolor PCS+ Boost 7950s, they both are using 7950 PCBs.

I think I'n just going to try to get lucky with it and on the MSI 7950 V2 OC and I will just return it if it does not have a reference PCB.

I just want a card that has a reference PCB of any sort.

I know for a fact that Gigabyte uses a Reference PCB, what Waterblock are you looking to use ?

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

I know for a fact that Gigabyte uses a Reference PCB, what Waterblock are you looking to use ?
Any WB, as long as it works.

I think I actually might go with the Gigabyte. The MSI TF3 just looks better for some reason.

I think I've decided to go with the gigabyte.

I sent in a "probing" email to ask about thier warranty with watercooling GPUs. I'm sure I could have looked it up on forums etc but I wanted to see how open they are to discussing watercooling etc. MSI and XFX just say "We do not support watercooling" which is what really got me annoyed with MSI and XFX.

Gigabyte

MSI (Not TFIII)

HIS (Not IceQ)

XFX (The one with two fans and only one DVI port. The one with two DVI ports WILL NOT work)

ASUS DCII (EK Waterblocks are available)

Hope that helps a bit! I bought an MSI card a few days ago to watercool :)

Gigabyte MSI (Not TFIII) HIS (Not IceQ) XFX (The one with two fans and only one DVI port. The one with two DVI ports WILL NOT work) ASUS DCII (EK Waterblocks are available) Hope that helps a bit! I bought an MSI card a few days ago to watercool :)

I ended up ordering a; EXDISPLAY MSI HD 7970 OC 3072MB for £280

Which is actually a really good deal.

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

on this site, you will see which waterblock will fit on your chosen card.

and according to the list you get from that gpu:

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=634

you do have a lot of compatible full cover blocks for that card.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/ on this site' date=' you will see which waterblock will fit on your chosen card. and according to the list you get from that gpu: [url']http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=634 you do have a lot of compatible full cover blocks for that card.

Thats exactly why I picked that card.

​And cooling configurator is wrong sometimes. You cant take what it says as a good source.