Best £450 - £550 PC for X-Plane

So I need a new PC and my budget is in the £500 range. I mainly use my PC to play X-Plane and CS:GO but do use it for auto-cad as well. It needs to be quiet, have a good case, and parts with long warranties like Zotac's 5 year one for their GPU's and also perform well but it doesn't need a particular colour scheme. The PC I have at the moment is one with an i5 4460, 16GB's of RAM and a GTX 760 but it is being returned to amazon cos it is on its last legs so I need a fitting replacement. I don't need a new monitor and the budget doesn't include windows. X-Plane relies on good single threaded performance so no AMD processors please. My current rig gives me around 50fps with these settings (attachment below) and without mods or scenery. In the future though, I might use this scenery http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-mesh-scenery-v3/ and it recomends 16 GB of RAM. Also, when in a fast plane the scenery does not keep up so an ssd might be a good option for the build.

Thanks for all the help!

post-246358-0-75262900-1446908337_thumb.

Hi OP, you can definitely reuse some of the parts from your current rig. Was it a pre-built and you're returning it?

If you just want more performance in games, pick up an R9 390 plus a new PSU (if you need it).

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/