Unable to update to Win10 from Win7. BSOD and boot-failure.

Lukiose

Hello, problem is exactly as stated in title. I tried multiple times to get Win10 running on my 2years 9month old computer but to no avail. This problem is particularly irritating as i have spent hours researching it and trying out driver updates to no use.

After updating to Win 10, within 30 seconds of loading into the desktop i receive a BSOD that says SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys

Following that, i CANNOT boot Windows 10 at all, the only thing i can do is spam F10 after a reset to force myself into the desktop using safe mode.

With some research it seems that this is related to an Intel onboard graphics driver issue, however, i have tried a full motherboard Win10 driver update including chipset, audio as well as for the Intel chip and every single one of the update failed even in safe mode.

List of drivers i attempted to run in Win10 safe mode

Asrock z77 Extreme4-m http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4-M/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Intel i5-3570k https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25188/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT-

HD 7950 - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

ALL DRIVERS FAILED TO INSTALL

My hardware specs are as follows

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-m

Intel i5-3570k [Not overclocked]

Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X

Seasonic m12ii 620w

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Crucial M4 120gb

Corsair Vengeance 8gb

I am currently running Win7 64bit with fully updated drivers. I have attempted Windows 10 installation 4 times over the course of 3 months since Win10 was released but i encounter the exact same problem every single time. I have attempted driver updates post-installation in safe mode after everything f*cks up as well as before installation, but the error always crops up. As a result i am currently still on Win7 having to rollback multiple times.

Do you know if Windows 10 successfully activated? If it did then you can clean install Windows 10. When it asks for a product key just click 'skip' and it should automagically activate as soon as it connects to the internet.

Edit:  Why do you have the Intel graphics drivers installed when you have a 7950?

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

When i install Windows 10, at about 75% it goes into a cycle of BSOD that displays the same error message, but after restarting about 5-6 times it continues the installation from 75% to completion.

I am then prompted to approve the installation settings and i proceed to the desktop immediately, at no point am i asked for a product key.

Right after i initially reach the desktop after finishing the W10 update i crash and i cannot boot to the desktop anymore.

When i install Windows 10, at about 75% it goes into a cycle of BSOD that displays the same error message, but after restarting about 5-6 times it continues the installation from 75% to completion.

I am then prompted to approve the installation settings and i proceed to the desktop immediately, at no point am i asked for a product key.

Right after i initially reach the desktop after finishing the W10 update i crash and i cannot boot to the desktop anymore.

For as long as the upgrade is free, you would only be asked for a product key during a clean installation.

I would suggest trying a clean installation of Windows 10.

If it activates, that's great. If not, you can always reinstall Windows 7, activate, then upgrade from there.

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

Edit: Why do you have the Intel graphics drivers installed when you have a 7950?

I install both in Windows 10 too so for basic I can use its quick sync and for the future of dx12 games Idk how multiple gpu scaling goes