IE is apparently Malware.

For Which It Stands

http://i.imgur.com/Fr7FW5D.png

Avast is constantly saying "threat has been detected" and these are the details.

I have pirated programs (music production VST's), and if it says that a threat has been detected, I just permanently delete the file. But Avast is saying Internet Explorer is malware (or at least that's what I'm taking from it).

How can I fix this? It's getting really annoying.

I'm one of those people who makes those bass music things.

http://www.soundcloud.com/forwhichitstands

Did you download IE from Microsoft's website or did you never delete It? Just put the program on Avast's trust list, and allow the program acsess past your firewall and dont Include the program In scans.

Did you download IE from Microsoft's website or did you never delete It? Just put the program on Avast's trust list, and allow the program acsess past your firewall and dont Include the program In scans.

I just added the "iexplore.exe" file to the Virus Chest (I think that's what you're talking about?). I'll see if it does anything else.

I'm one of those people who makes those bass music things.

http://www.soundcloud.com/forwhichitstands

I didn't think you'd need an AV to tell you that IE is basically cancer.

I just added the "iexplore.exe" file to the Virus Chest (I think that's what you're talking about?). I'll see if it does anything else.

You need to allow It acsess past your firewall and add It to your exceptions list when It comes to scans.

This post in a nutshell:

• 1 person asking serious question
  • 1 person legit trying to help
  • everyone else telling everyone IE is shit (which it totally is)

Just thought i would give a break down of that for the next few comments ;)

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

It's not saying IE is malware, it's telling you IE is accessing a domain which is linked to malware.

Grab Malware Bytes and run a scan asap.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's not saying IE is malware, it's telling you IE is accessing a domain which is linked to malware.

Grab Malware Bytes and run a scan asap.

Thank you so much. Absolutely this. All other posters missed the most important thing!

Thank you so much. Absolutely this. All other posters missed the most important thing!

Malwarebytes might be good, but not adequate if you want completely off your machine. So i suggest you run couple of these tools and see if it any left behind.

Kaspersky TDSSKiller for rootkit.

Norton Power Eraser for malware.

ESET Online Scanner for malware.

AdwCleaner for adware,PUPs, and browser hijacker.

HitmanPro for final check up.