Which SSD to get?

thesalman569

850  evo

Thanks for the suggestion, but may i ask a question? Is kingston a good company? 

Thanks for the suggestion, but may i ask a question? Is kingston a good company? 

I've got a 120GB Kingston SSD and it's fine. They make a lot of quality stuff, it should really come down to the read and write speeds and the price when it comes to which SSD to buy though.

"Technology is just another thing to distract you from the real joys of life."

- Filthy Frank

the v300 from kingston is on the slow end of ssds, i would avoid it 

one of the best bang for buck ssds is the samsung 850 evo but the crucial bx100 is also pretty good

1 last thing i would suggest would be a 240+ gb ssd as 120 doesnt last very long 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Yes they are just don't buy the V300 like I did... Get the Samsung, Its also 240gb... Its going for 75$ atm on US Newegg with a promo code.

Here is the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147372&cm_re=SAMSUNG_850_evo_Series-_-20-147-371-_-Product

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Been using the Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD for about a year now and I got no complaints so far.

I personally would go for a 240/256 GB or higher SSD. But maybe you have a low budget. Anyway, Samsung EVO series, Mushkin Chronos G2 and Crucial MX200 for example are some good SSD's to consider buying. if you want a SSD with a much higher speed? Then you could go for a Samsung SM951 (NVMe) or Kingston Hyper X Predator SSD. They're much faster but also more expensive. The Samsung SSD is an M.2 (3.0) and the Kingston one is M.2 (2.0) so you need to find out which one is compatible with your motherboard if you think of buying one of them.

Yeah I have 5-10GBs free on my 120GB SSD, you should probably get a 240GB one at least.

"Technology is just another thing to distract you from the real joys of life."

- Filthy Frank

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions, i got the samsung 850 evo off amazon!! thanks