Help - Display solution ideas

Hey, Everyone, 

I am currently an Army AIT student living in a small barracks room. Our policy restricts the size of our tv/monitors down to 24'' (Debatably). Now I am used to playing on a 50'' plasma back home which is alright. I am a goon for eye candy. I can play Xbox One and ps4 games here. So what I was thinking is either getting a decent gaming monitor, a projector, or a new gaming laptop. I am planning on playing games like fallout 4, bo3, battle front, gta5, skyrim, and games similar to these. Again, being a goon for eye candy I want the best picture available and to be able to play games at 60 fps in at least fhd with maxed settings. I do play skyrim modded too, so if I was to get a laptop, it would have to be able to crank out the beef for that. Any input or ideas for my situation would be appreciated, and I'll answer any questions that I can. Thanks!

You are going to want 144hz

not really. it's only useful if you need it. and dont lure him into the money sink. 144hz screens are like expensive hardware. you live fine w/o it, but once you make the leap, you can never go back. (i have a 144hz screen so i know what it's like)

Now should I stick to console gaming or should I get a gaming laptop? What is your guys opinion on that?

Or maybe even build a small itx build? I'd want a gtx 980ti though.