Network help?

1SpeedHD

Hello everyone! I have some questions about a router and a modem.

• Is it possible to use 1 modem for 2 PC's? If so, what would I need to set it up?

• (This ties in with the 1st question) Could I put the wire into my wireless router, and use an Ethernet cable to my computer?

If any of this sounds confusing, please let me know. I'm not good with explaining things well with this router and modem stuff.

@1SpeedHD it is possible. It is much simpler to use a wireless router/modem with multiple LAN ports, all one device. It would help to know what router and modem you have now, if any, and the type of internet connection you have e.g. ADSL/VDSL, fibre etc.

This is much like what you are describing but certainly not the best option and only advised if you already have a modem that only has a single LAN port, or has no wireless.

http://www.linksys.com/sg/support-article?articleNum=136305

From your second question it sounds like you already have everything you need. Make sure only one device is configured for DHCP server else you have a really bad time. You also may not even need the modem as your wireless router might be able to be configured to work by itself, depending on what it is and your internet connection. About to go to sleep but if you post the requested details I'm sure someone else will be able to advise you on the best option.